cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Switched from Sky to BT Fibre 2 - Upload speed reduced to 9Mbps

2 days ago I switched from Sky BB to BT Fibre 2, my DL speed has pretty much remained the same but my upload speed has  gone from around 15/16Mbps to 9Mbps. 

I thought as I am switching to the BT Fibre 2 package - that my Download/Upload would remain the same if not I was thinking the DL speed may increase. 

I was with BT a few years ago and the DL speed was around 60Mbps+ 

As the upload speed has dropped considerably I am starting to think is it capped at this? As it dropped as soon as the service switched over. 

The image is what was obtained from the btwholesale checker using my landline number, I do not have an unlocked modem so unable to pull line stats

these stats were obtained using my telephone number on the btwholesale checkerthese stats were obtained using my telephone number on the btwholesale checker

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Switched from Sky to BT Fibre 2 - Upload speed reduced to 9Mbps

Hi @Gee2020 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your broadband upload speed.

You'll find the line stats by entering 192.168.1.254 in your browser, go to advanced settings then technical log information. If you could post those we'll be happy to take a look.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @NeilO , thanks for getting back to me, i have a screenshot of the technical log attached. I blanked out some details as i thought they wont need to be seen such as serial and MAC.TechLog.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Gee2020 no problem, thanks for posting the stats, I think you may be correct about the cap.

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help. You'll get the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings