cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alan19
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Switching from Virgin Media (Reusing Master socket)

Hi all,

I have recently moved home and decided to stick with BT. The house I moved to had VM, it has be renovated and I can see the cable wrapped around the telegraph post has not been connected to the house. I have been trying to tell BT customer service, however "compute says no" and I am being forced through a very slow and painful linear process whilst not being able to work from my home. I started the process almost 3 weeks ago and I see no end in sight.

Today I am told me Broadband is being activated which I am guessing is done remotely. I was told its possible they may be able to reuse the Virgin connection however I suspect I am being fobbed off, does anyone know if this is possible?

I'm scared that I will need to wait at least another painful week.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Switching from Virgin Media (Reusing Master socket)

It's not possible to use the Virgin Media connection as they have their own network and don't use OpenReach. 

alan19
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I suspected as much. Seems Virgin has a quick start service so I get it in 4 days. I’ll probably cancel my BT contract and go with that.

thanks

Alan

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Bear in mind, if you are still in a contract, you will have to pay cancellation charges.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Deleted

0 Ratings
alan19
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Good luck then getting money from me for a non existent service. They failed on their side

Alan

0 Ratings