Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theabbot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Switching to BT Infinity 2

Hello

I hope this is not a dumb question, but I am looking to switch to Infinity 2 but when I follow the website's ordering page there does not appear anywhere where it asks me to provide my current provider's details.

I have got as far as the page where there are tabs for entering your personal details, set  up etc.

How will BT know which provider to contact to enable the switch?

Also I am currently with one of the smaller providers (Firefly) if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Switching to BT Infinity 2

@theabbotwrote:

Hello

I hope this is not a dumb question, but I am looking to switch to Infinity 2 but when I follow the website's ordering page there does not appear anywhere where it asks me to provide my current provider's details.

I have got as far as the page where there are tabs for entering your personal details, set  up etc.

How will BT know which provider to contact to enable the switch?

Also I am currently with one of the smaller providers (Firefly) if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @theabbot. It is probably better to call as you may get a better deal plus you can avoid the more hassle than it’s worth Reward Card. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

have you tried following it all the way through online  if you phone you do not get the reqard incentive and as new customer unlikely to get any better deal than you can online

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
CJT80
Expert
Message 4 of 6

@theabbot

Asuming you are moving from Residential to Residential and using your landline number and address the process should automatically pick up that you are moving from one provider to the other. 

Once they start processing the order, they will know who to contact to inform them for you. Smiley Happy

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@imjollywrote:

have you tried following it all the way through online  if you phone you do not get the reqard incentive and as new customer unlikely to get any better deal than you can online

As a new customer I called and got more than £10 off a month over 18 months compared to the on-line price. No guarantee but worth a try. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@VeteranISPUser

I would take cash in hand anytime that reduction over contract period  I can always leave when they increase the prices without penalty

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings