cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natalia1
Beginner
Message 1 of 53

Switchover from BT - no Internet and possibly no in the future

We decided to switch from BT infinity1 to EE fibre. Singed a contract and was told that on 13th March we will have our broadband live with EE. On the day BT stopped their service but past midnight and there was still no Internet. We contacted EE and were told BT says there is a fault on a line - loop?- but we never had any problem so it appeared miraculously. Were told it should go live by 22nd March. On 22nd still no Internet but now BT claims there is an issue with capacity or broken ports. I asked why they didn't connect us to the same port and answer was probably BT gave this port to another customer (but switch should be on a same day). Yesterday we were told that the update will be on Friday. Was told that it may happen that we will not get an fibre at all (?!). Both their websites say that we have fibre connection available for our address (flat). They say if that's the case they can give us only normal broadband but I can't pay for something which will be totally useless for our needs. Because other peoviders use BT too then even switching to someone else will not work and we can't have virgin. I think it's outrageous and ridiculous. No one told to us that oh we have to first check if you can be switched over to fibre so we have an information whether we can leave BT. Now they put us in bad situation as we need fibre for work.
0 Ratings
52 REPLIES 52
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 53

Re: Switchover from BT - no Internet and possibly no in the future

What does http://www.dslchecker.bt.com show for your line?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 3 of 53

Unfortunately when switching to a new provider there needs to be a spare port for you to be switched to. I do think this needs to change though.

You had even more bad luck as the port that you were connected to has been given to someone else, which means it's a case of waiting until either more capacity is added or somone cancels their service.

0 Ratings
Natalia1
Beginner
Message 4 of 53

BT cancelled my number so it shows 'no data'
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 53

Use the address checker
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Natalia1
Beginner
Message 6 of 53

But I signed a contract plus I would stay with BT if EE told me this issue is possible. Is it legal to lie to customer so they cancel previous provider but then say that I can't get internet from them and from anyone else now? There are people in this building who don't have BT or anyone else so why they can't connect at this port.
0 Ratings
Natalia1
Beginner
Message 7 of 53

Natalia1.png

0 Ratings
Foxcliffe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 53

I don't know that that is so much bad luck as bad management.  Switching the other way - from Plusnet to BT - Plusnet kept my acount active until after BT had done their adoption even though I personally gave them 3 weeks notice of the switch over date.  And yes, because of the timing, I ended up paying an extra month's rent but that was refunded when they finally closed the account.  When I rang up to complain I was told that that was to ensure that my service was maintained if the swap didn't go ahead on time.

0 Ratings
Natalia1
Beginner
Message 9 of 53

Webby I posted a picture below of what address checker shows but I don't understand much of it.

0 Ratings
Natalia1
Beginner
Message 10 of 53

Foxcliffe I don't know but we feel really fed up and lied to. If this scenario will remain a case then they put us in a big trouble.

0 Ratings