cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Sync Speed Reducing

Hi, Current I am a G.Fast User connected to the Fibre 250 package. Just a quick question to see if anyone can possibly shed some light on as to why my downstreamn sync speed are declining from a solid 262.31Mbps to just over 241.689Mbps over the last 5months. If I download a file from a website the actual speed is higher (26Mbps) than what it's actually sync at just to confirm.

In a nutshell, I have the BT Smart Hub 2 plugged into a filtered faceplate and my SM is on at all times. I had the service activated in December 2020, the openreach engineer installed the most recent faceplate to work with the G.Fast service and upto until 7th Jan 2021 my downstream synch speed has always read 262.31Mbps.

I have spoke to BT and they have informed me that those speeds, for my line, are very, very good and that there is no issues.

I am not sure if this would cause the issue but I have had several firmware updates since the 7th Jan and the SH2 reboots every 14 days which it did prior to the declining sync speed. But the sync speed would go back to 262.31Mbps over time but this time around.

I have attached below my results from the Broadband availability checker to this post.

Untitled.png

So, my main question is, is there any reason as to why my downstream sync speed are declining, considering BT told me after doing all their usual checks that unable to find an issue?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sync Speed Reducing

most likely cause is more customers on the cabinet and increase in crosstalk  your speed is well within the expected range for your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Why are you on g.fast when you can get fttp? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@matekaneve 

Hi, good point but under contract for another 12 months. Once I can upgrade I certainly will be going fttp.

Message 5 of 7

You can upgrade to FTTP any time. I still had 8 month left from my previous contract when I phoned them and upgraded from g.fast to the 900 Full Fibre package. Give them a call! 😉

Message 6 of 7

@matekaneve 

Thanks for advice. Definitely will be calling them in the morning to find out more.

Message 7 of 7

0800 587 4787