cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Sync Speed fallen from >50Mbps to 35Mbps over the last year

Since March 2020, the sync speed (Downstream Actual Rate reported by my router) has fallen from over >50Mbps to  35Mbps. In the same period, the SNR has been raised from 4dB to 9dB.

The was noise on the line and OpenReach have been out three times to resolve the issue. Firstly they removed the jumpering to the old ADSL modem at the exchange and then they changed the pair used between my premesis and the cabinet. The noise issue is now resolved and the Openrach reset the DLM on my line but my broadband speeds continue to fall.

Here are the latest stats from my router:

bus-error_0-1618996414183.png

I have noticed a repeated pattern:

1. My connection stays stable for many days (typically around 2 weeks) with very few CRC errors and Error Seconds.
  2. The connection will then reset in the early hours of the morning and a new connection will establish with the same "Actual Rate" and "SNR Margin".
  3. This new connection will have many CRC erros (>1000) and Error Seconds (>100) during the next 24 hour period.
  4. Again, the connection will be reset in the early hours of the morning but now with a higher SNR Margin and lower Actual Rate.
  5. The new connection is normally stable with low numbers of CRC errors and Error Seconds.

Could it be that there are some faulty modems on my cabinet's DSLAM that are causing this behaviour?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sync Speed fallen from >50Mbps to 35Mbps over the last year

can you enter you phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab

have you tried using test socket with filter to see if that improves your connection?

it may be that the 'new' pair that you were moved to by openreach is not as good as the previous pair giving lower speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Here's data from the availability checker:

bus-error_0-1619024139543.png

I can confirm that using the test socket makes no difference to the connection speed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

DLM has taken umbrage and has banded your line at 35M.

As you are below your handback threshold, report the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Something odd as the dslchecker shows connection speed today at 39.99mb which is above the speed in router stats

Even so you connection  speed and also your attainable is well below the expected range shown on dslchecker and need engineer to investigate 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @bus-error I'm really sorry to see you're experiencing issues with your broadband speed. We'd like to help you get this fixed.

I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll be happy to help. You'll get the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community website.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings