cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Sync Speed has significantly reduced - probably caused by me!

Go to solution

A few days ago I received help on these forums resolving a problem I had with the Hub Manager ( https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Cannot-save-changes-in-Hub-Manager-SmartHub-2/td-p/1962485 )

Over the course of a day or so I did 3 or 4 reboots of the router and finally a total of three Factory Resets before finally resolving the issue. I suspect this sequence of events has caused a noticeable reduction in my sync speed.

The first image shows what my previous sync was prior to these resets (the sync had been rock solid at these numbers for as long as I can remember). The second image shows what the current sync rate is, after my mucking about. My question is, will my previous excellent connection naturally return over time, or do I need to contact anyone to organise a reset of some sort?

The only other thing that may figure in the mix is the three power cuts we had in quick succession a week before, when a lot of England was affected. Thank you for any advice offered.

Sync Speed 1.jpgSync Speed 2.jpg

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sync Speed has significantly reduced - probably caused by me!

Go to solution

Your multiple restarts will have been interpreted as a fault on your line by DLM (Dynamic Line Management) and it will have reduced your speeds to try and maintain a stable connection.

If you do maintain a stable connection your speeds will slowly begin to increase to what you had but this could take a few weeks.

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sync Speed has significantly reduced - probably caused by me!

Go to solution

@gg30340 Thank you. I suspected that may be the case. I’ll avoid any more resets/reboots and hope the National Grid doesn’t fall over again in the meantime 😬

0 Ratings