cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuw
Message 1 of 4

Sync drop/upload faster than download!

Hello, i have a strange fault which i need some advise about...

When it installed my FTTC 80/20 would be around 50-60meg( like that for 3-4 years). Over the last few months it has been slowing down, and lots of dropping sync. The first engineering visit it had slowed to 13meg down/but still stayed at 20meg upload.

It was all reset, new NTe and SSFP, and new HH5. It started again at 80/20.No faults on line found when tested.

A month later it is still dropped sync, and as of tonight i am at 6.4meg down (32db SNR)/20meg up (6db SNR).

My router/phone is at the master socket, with an ethernet lead going to the BT vision.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening, the line is perfectly clear on quiet line.

I have attached the log from the router..
speed217.6.18.PNG

Any help would be appreciated, i have another visit booked for Friday but want to try and get to the bottom of it before then!

Stu

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sync drop/upload faster than download!

The problem is obviously the line stability and until that is solved your connection will continue to have problems. Previous engineer replaced master socket and you say  quiet line test is ok so I think you need now to wait on engineer as it would appear problem outside your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
stuw
Message 3 of 4

The only problem i am facing now is that the fault tracker is showing theat the fault it closed and all ok!!

The online chat have also said their is no appointment booked now so thats not good!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Then need to try phoning 151 and arrange engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings