cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 32

Sync speed going down

Screenshot_20210327_075950_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hello,

A good couple of months ago my line was getting constant sync speed around 52000/15000 with almost full download speed.

For couple of weeks my sync speed was going down every day and it stopped  on around 45900/16000

The connection speed is 43900/9995.

I connectee my router to master socket and it didnt help at all. 

Do i need a dlm reset in order to improve the situation.

I did a quiet line test and it was dead silent why did my speed went down?

Cheers

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32

Re: Sync speed going down

Enter your phone number here and post the result.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

Remove your number but leave the exchange and cab.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 32

there is no internet connection time shown in the stats you posted so are you having problems with your internet connection dropping? often?

even your attainable figure from your stats is less then the connection speeds you say you had previously.  have you tried the test socket?  are you connected to master socket just now?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 32

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I had connected the router to test socket, it was there for 12 hours or so but it didnt make any difference.

Router/connection is very stable usually without any drops for weeks.

I now put it back to my slave socket.

Please find the screenshot of stats here

Wester hailes, cabinet 2

https://ibb.co/xHzg4Rk

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 32

did you actually connect to test socket or just the master socket - test socket requires the removal of the master faceplate and use of a filter

your move back to 'slave' socket has dropped your up speed from yesterday at 16mb down to 10mb

there is nothing in stats which shows dsl connection time

can you when posting information post here instead of links elsewhere as make much easier to follow - use camera icon

how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 32

Screenshot_20210327_130755.jpg

I indeed removed faceplate, connected filter and run the router from test socket for 12  hours.

This morning i connected the router back to my slave socket as there was no change in stats.

It appears upload is at max but download underperforms.

Im on 50/10 connection I think its calld fibre 1.

Sorry for some reason i couldnt attach, i was getting an error that attachments exceed 333kb hence i used hosting service 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 32

Screenshot_20210327_171705.jpg

Sync started going down again probably soon will climb up to 46000

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 32

Your connection speed is still the same as it was in your initial post 43983kbps

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 32

My connection speed couple of months ago was close to 50,now only 43995. Not to mention that sync speed keeps going down, if this is a case my actual connection will never go up. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 32

The speed continues to go down, at the moment its 45500 with DSL uninterrupted connection of 23hrs

By an intrest checked what could i achieve if i signed upnfor talktalk 67mbs and according to them i will be getting only 38mbs.

Surely something not right here

0 Ratings