cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

TalkTalk customer unable to get BT packages

Hello,

Hope I'm in the right place for this issue and would be grateful for any replies.

I'm a TalkTalk customer out of contract and was wanting a to get a BT 50MB package.

I am getting speeds (with TalkTalk) of around 25MB/s and when I do an online check of whats available to my address, it states that it's 67MB/s.

When I select the package I want via the BT website and have gone through all the set-up, it gets to the very end (post spinning balls) and a page pops up saying that the package is unavailable to me and offers me broadband of 1-2MB/s for £22.99 or something.

Does anyone know why BT can't offer me a decent broadband speed?

Also, during the set-up it says that I will need a new phone number and doesn't give me the option to keep my existing one without stating why - is this right?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: TalkTalk customer unable to get BT packages

It may get your cabinet is full and there is a waiting list. Enter your address and post result. http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

switching provider will not give you any faster speed if best you can get currently is only 25mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings