cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldGoat
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

'Telephone' socket on ONT module and BBU not being provided

(My fibre connection has suddenly appeared in record time - "Huzza! "). I have the full Huawei box with BBU (FWIW and for thers who may be interested, it takes at least 24 hours to charge the batteries - don't panic if the yellow light stays on...)

There is a BT phone socket on the logic unit, what purpose doe it actually  serve? Does it mean that - if I order FVA, I can plug a standard handset into the socket and continue to use my archaic WIRED phone and extensions?

These are so much nicer to use than those dreadful cordless thingies that 'one' feels obliged to clamp to one's ear and shout....

On a related matter, whereas I have a full ONT (modem, BBU and case) a neighbour - installed the same day - has the modem and power unit only, no BBU and with no case. To my mind the lack of a case means that the various wires and most importantly the bare fibre is unprotected - which could lead to damage and charges - due to no reasonable action by the customer?

Is this the continuing new practice when OR supply a service in future if BBUs are no longer to be supplied, or just shortage of equipment - if the latter perhaps folks should buy a full unit from eBay....

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: 'Telephone' socket on ONT module and BBU not being provided

Correct, Openreach no longer supply BBU's. I don't know why.

0 Ratings
OldGoat
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: 'Telephone' socket on ONT module and BBU not being provided

Most strange - I must have been lucky that my installer had some on his van, whereas my neighbour's installer didn't!
I was more concerned that the enclosure for the two units had a well thought out cable storage area.

Ah, well - there are still some on sale on eBay if anyone wants tidy cables....

Thanks for responding - have a Greenie
0 Ratings