cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 111 of 148

Re: Termination Request.

If that's so then all the HHs I've had have been defective then.

Line stats as requested -

1. Product name: BT Home Hub

2. Serial number: +068343+NQ42338353

3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated 31/07/14

4. Board version: BT Hub 5A

5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 05:29:44

6. Data rate: 5574 / 39993

7. Maximum data rate: 5602 / 51166

8. Noise margin: 6.0 / 11.3

9. Line attenuation: 0.0 / 24.4

10. Signal attenuation: 0.0 / 22.3

11. Data sent/received: 2.4 GB / 3.7 GB

What I don't get is why the HH5 alone seems to disconnect every 3 days or so and when its connected to my external ECI modem it disconnects every 2 weeks on the dot. I doubt you will find anything in my line stats. All I can see is my noise margin being higher than the other. As you can see I've had this issue since January 21st - I doubt there's a solution.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 112 of 148

If you're on Infinity 1 then your downstream sync is at the max, limited by the product cap.

Your upstream sync is at the max limited by the target noise margin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 113 of 148

Yep I'm on Infinity 1 I infact used to get my full potential upload speed of 7.9 so over time these disconnections have put some affect on my line.
As you stated it looks like dlm put a cap on my line it still seems capped my max upload is still only 4.5-4.8 and my downloads still vary and my pings are still high.
The fact there is still no solution for me because I'm using the provided HH or modem and not using 3rd party routers or modems or an unlocked openreach modem just makes me kind of angry as there is still an obvious issue some where.
Then again not everyone is having issues with the standard HH5 or modem so I guess I'm lucky to be in a minority with this issue still. I refuse to buy anything as back in December it was working as it should have.
I really don't know what else to do and I doubt know one really knows to be 100% honest.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 114 of 148

There's no evidence of DLM capping your line.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 115 of 148

The speeds always change on the line stats and my pings always stays in the mid 30s does look like dlm is doing something - So I disagree.
And the fact know one has a solution to the disconnects just adds more questions than answers.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 116 of 148

I'm not saying DLM isn't active - it's always active, monitoring our lines. But your line isn't being capped. However DLM has probably got interleaving on your line. There's evidence that you have some sort of error upstream, probably a line fault caused by corrosion.

Unfortunately, there's not enough info available to tell any further. An unlocked HG612 provides far more information.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 117 of 148

Ok seems likely to a degree. About my line that as it hasn't been checked out - I doubt an engineer would look at my whole line and joints to the cab considering its fairly long.
Again I won't be splashing out on cash on unlocked stuff as I hardly have money to splash out cash on.
Not everyone has that luxury.
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 118 of 148

After an OpenRG followed by a PPP LCP Send Termination request (User Request) I noticed a small change on the attenuations on my HH5 which is strange -

9. Line attenuation: 0.0 / 24.6

10. Signal attenuation: 0.0 / 22.5

I also notice one of the noise margins are still high -

6. Data rate: 5474 / 39993

7. Maximum data rate: 5539 / 50466

8. Noise margin: 6.1 / 11.0 <<<< The one that's 11.0 I'm worried about. This seems high to me. As the other noise margin always stays spot on near or on 6.0 which from what I gather is good.

I guess any input would help.

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 119 of 148

As you are on Infinity 1, your download is capped at 39993 even though your line will support 50466 hence the higher noise margin, a good thing.....Smiley Wink

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 120 of 148

Yep Infinity 1 the max data goes up and down when it pleases. As you can tell I've been battling with my connection for months constantly going on and off.
So I'm clutching at straws.
0 Ratings