cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 148

Re: Termination Request.

They should send you a replacement Homehub if you report the fault.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again πŸ™‚
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 148

I should have mentioned I called BT on my lunch break (Clutching straws.) I got through to the same fella! He said "We don't send replacements for customers who been advised a fix to their problems sir." I tried explaining it's not a fix to my issue. He replied "If you will not cooperate with my advice, I can't help sir have a nice day." Then hung up!

I'm ever so lucky to get through to the great support by BT call centres. I should have ask for his ID and name, I'm pretty angry. Usually I'm pretty neutral and polite on here but I feel like I'm being treated like dirt by the call centres. 

I really do thank you for trying to help me Ray. I'm just venting in a controlled manner. I just love my BT Infinity but this issue is kinda shrouded in mystery - At least for Infinity users. I have been with BT for years. I just feel isolated with my incident as its rearing it's ugly head. I know it's like I'm doing this for attention to be at the top of the forum boards, acting as I'm more special than any other user on here but it's far from it. I guess I'm letting off steam in general from the BT call centre experiences.

Anyway thanks again!

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 148

So why didn't you just go along with him, unplug the modem and Homehub then tell him the fix didn't work?

and then ask him for a replacement?

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 148

I got DLM'd again. Slower speeds 25 down, 3 up, 56 ping from 38 down, 7 up and 18 ping. I don't want to mess it up further than its already been. I suspect the reboots made DLM think my line is unstable. 

What I've read up on the termination requests for BT Infinity that it's reboot requests come from the HH. Contrary to what BT stated in Febuary this year being line faults etc. I guess as at the end of the termination requests it says [User Request] stating the HH is sending the reboot request to the green cabinet or perhaps the exchange. I'm too new to the inner workings of BT yet so I apologise for my crude explanation.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 148

That's why I suggested replacing the router.
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 148

That is my replacement from my HH4A that was doing the same thing plus had OpenRG issues. I got a HH3A sent (New.) Back only in April by a mod who was helping me then. 

Seeing as the last engineer fully checked everything from my home to the green cabinet and replacing my faceplate and modem to new ones I can rule out my home and line I guess.

But having similar issues on both HHs I don't know what else to think of. I can't afford 3rd party equipment. So possibly an authentication issue or something bad or intermittent physically at the exchange? 

I don't know I'm brain storming again - I apologise for my back tracking and messy reply. 

Thanks!

0 Ratings
AJWard
Contributor
Message 17 of 148

I understand your total frustration. I really do. I have been there. And most likely, the constant reboots will force DLM to keep slowing your connection down. It feels like all hope is lost. And calling Indian is very stressful. You just want it all to work.

So, the solution is to buy an Openreach modem running a custom firmware. You have said you simply cannot afford to, and I understand that. But it will most likely solve the issue.

My connection rebooted multiple times a day. Longest uptime was two days. I replaced the modem with one that did not have BTAgent running on it. Voila.

Over fifty days of rock solid connection now.

Sorry if you find this response even more frustrating, but the intention is to reassure you if you have had the faults solved, then the modem is the problem here. Bin it off and get back to fast speeds..
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 148

AJWard thanks for chipping in. If I was more fortunate money wise I wouldn't be acting like a self entitled idiot on here - I certainly think I am.

I have looked into the thread regarding the unlocked modem and I am very envious of people's success to be truthful.

Maybe BT should look into their BT Agent software in future.

My longest uptime was back in December 2013 with my HH4A and original ECI modem of over 80+ days. Then January 21st  2014 was the start of these issues (Termination Requests and OpenRG.) So obviously something happened then and I wasn't the only one.

I really appreciate your input. It does show we aren't all making this up and people are sharing their experience with this. 

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 148

Don't worry, I know you're not making it up. My suggestions are from my experience of what fixed it for me.

MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 148

Would it be possible to get a mod pointed to my thread in future? I would like to see if we could delve into this deeper than what's been brought up on these forums.

Unfortunately my situation has not improved since my last post, if anything it has got worse. One thing has sprung to mind - Not everyone using the standard BT equipment is suffering these termination requests but some are like me and it's making me think the BT Agent software may have gone buggy for some users (Certainly for me.) If that's the case something CAN be done such as an update. Lets hope BT don't palm it off as big companies can/will choose to. I just thought I'd share that even though it's obvious somewhat. 

Thanks!

0 Ratings