cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashburton88
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Terribe Service - Thoroughly Unimpressed

As much as I am looking forward to having my BT Infinity connection installed I'm less than impressed with the service from BT/Openreach so far. We were due to have the broadband installation on the 25th April, but this was cancelled by a BT Openreach engineer as they didn't think we could have the service in our area, despite BT already confirming this to us. Then when we finally got in touch with BT regarding re booking our engineer visit we were told that we couldn't re book the visit until the telephone line was active with them (hard to believe when we booked it at the same time as the telephone line in the first place).

So we waited, the telephone line was activated and we called to re book the appointment as requested, and were asked to give 3 dates that were suitable to us, the woman we spoke to suggested Friday (27th) PM, and both AM & PM Saturday (28th). We then get a call to tell us that we can't have the installation on these dates either, it turns out that it was escellated to the wrong team! By this point my blood was boiling. We are now told that there is nothing they can do to expedite the installation and we have to wait until at least Tuesday (1st May) but more likely Wednesday (2nd, so a whole week after it should have been done) to have the service installed as they just cannot get anyone out to us today, despite the whole situation being completely their fault, which the man we spoke to last night admitted to!

I cannot believe that BT have no options to get someone from Openreach (one of their own businesses) to come to us immediately to sort this mess out. I was told today that they have no way of contacting the drivers once they have left the depot in the morning so couldn't get anyone to us. Which is a complete lie because when we had Sky installed it was an Openreach engineer that came to organise the telephone line, and the office called him multiple times while he was here.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Terribe Service - Thoroughly Unimpressed

BT Reatail and BT Openreach are two separate companies. BT Retail cannot contact the engineers at any time.

0 Ratings
ashburton88
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I understand that they are separate companies but it would only take a phone call from BT Retail to BT Openreach, then BT Openreach contact a driver. Not rocket science really. Would have expected it was the least that could have been done as it was Openreach that caused the issues in the first place (according to BT Retail)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

BT retail cannot contact Openreah directly for broadband related queries, they have to go through BT Wholesale.

It's not a simple case of one phone call. Wholesale contact the call centre in Openreach, who then have to call the area cotrol for the area you live, who then have to call the engineer who won't always answer as he might be driving or up a pole!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ashburton88
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

As much as I appreciate what you are saying I still feel let down by BT. It was a mistake made in communication between the companies in the first place, and then compounded by an escalation to the wrong department internally. We do now have people looking into the mistake internally, and finally have an installation date, which hopefully goes smoothly.
0 Ratings