cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bobajob86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Terrible Service. Non-Existent Upload Speed. Broadband Intermittently Unuseable.

Ever since I renewed by Infinity 1 Contract last October I have had nothing but problems.  As soon as I renewed my contract the broadband dropped out.  I managed to get onto Live Chat via my phone and was told that as I'd placed a new order this was normal and would settle down in a few days.  This was despite the fact I hadn't placed a new order and had just renewed.

This turned out to be just the start of my issues.  Since then I have logged various complaints as the broadband will intermittently drop out and become unuseable.  I have spent numerous hours on Live Chat and the phone without any resolution.  More recently I have tried doing my own troubleshooting and discovered that the Upload speed I am receiving is between 0,3mbps and 0.6mbps.  My mobile data gives me 33mbps!  I have menntioned this to BT numerous times and been told they do nnot support this.  My download speed is also slower than advertised but I am less concerend about that.

I am writing this forum post as a last resort to try to get a resolution.  I have escalated through the technical teams who have been useless and have just got off the phone with a BT Manager who was very frustrating to speak to and did not understand my issues at all.  I was offered £25 despite my problems being on-going since October and told there was nothing else he could do.  I was offered an engineer visit but was then told I would have to pay £129.95 if the fault was on my premises.

Can anyone else on here help?  I will be raising a formal complaint with OFCOM but in the meantime I'd like to have useable broadband!  I really am fed up of this.  As I said up until my renewal I was very happy with the service which was why I renewed.  I now massively regret my decision!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Terrible Service. Non-Existent Upload Speed. Broadband Intermittently Unuseable.

can you post stats from your hub

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

try quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done wired and preferably using IE/Edge

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bobajob86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Re: Terrible Service. Non-Existent Upload Speed. Broadband Intermittently Unuseable.

Thanks for the reply.  Results below...Cabinet.PNGSpeedtest.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Need the stats from you hub/router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bobajob86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Ok sorry. Which ones specifically? Just from the main page?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information and if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk 

0 Ratings
bobajob86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Thanks again for your help. Details follow:

Product name: BT Hub 6A
Serial number: +084316+NQ64125944
Firmware version: SG4B1000B540
Firmware updated: 17-May-2018
Board version: 1.0
Gui version: 1.64.0
DSL uptime: 0 Days, 17 Hours 15 Minutes 32 Seconds
Data rate: 570 Kbps / 35.42 Mbps
Maximum data rate: 597 / 36048
Noise margin: 6.7 dB / 6.4 dB
Line attenuation: 25.7 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI: 0/38
Modulation: G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type: Fast Path
Data sent / received: 290 MB Uploaded / 5626 MB Downloaded
Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi: Not active
2.4 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-QPZT
2.4 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 11)
5 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-QPZT
5 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security: WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode: Mode 1
Firewall: On
MAC address: AC:84:C9:AE:F6:85
Software variant: -
Boot loader: 7.33.1
0 Ratings
bobajob86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Anyone?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Have you tried connecting to the test socket with a filter and see if that helps?.  

Your down connection speed is within your estimated range but up speed is very low. There is no guarantee on download speed. Do you notice if download speed ok during off peak but poor at peak?

OFCOM will note your problem but that do not take individual cases unless you get deadlock letter

0 Ratings
bobajob86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Thanks alot for replying. I will try the test socket with a filter. Appreciate the advice about ofcom too thank you. I think the lack of upload speed is what is causing the Internet to drop out. Therefore they're not providing the service I'm paying for in my opinion? Thanks again
0 Ratings