cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobajob86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Terrible Service. Non-Existent Upload Speed. Broadband Intermittently Unuseable.

I've tried it in the test socket with a filter and I don't get an Internet connection? Any ideas on next steps? Thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Re: Terrible Service. Non-Existent Upload Speed. Broadband Intermittently Unuseable.

there is a problem if you use a filter in the test socket and cannot get your internet connection is your master socket like this. test-socket-thumb.jpg

if so you need to remove the middle section shown by yellow arrow then you will be able to connect to the test socket shown by black arrow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bobajob86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Thanks yes I have done that and with a filter I get no connection. My master socket looks like this...
download.jpeg
I have removed the front plate and connected with a new filter but no connection.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

you need to remove the bottom half then the middle section just pulls off and then you can see the test socket  connect to that with a filter  if still no internet connection then there is a wiring problem in your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bobajob86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Yeah that's what I did. Works fine in the top socket but when I remove the cover and plug the filter and rj11 into the test socket there is no connection. What does this mean? My understanding was the test socket removes any dependence on the internal wiring so would be a BT fault?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

it means there is a problem with your wiring and is it possible that although that is a filtered master socket that it is being fed from another socket in your home.  is there another socket where the openreach cable enters from outside

does a phone work if you connect to the same filter

0 Ratings