Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Thornea
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Testing Infinity Modem

Go to solution

I'm having problems with my BT infinity connection (seperate thread) and one of the items that I cant test is the Modem which is looking more and more to be the culprit.

What I want to know, is can I just borrow my next door neighbors Infinity modem (not the home hub) and test my connection using that to rule out my modem as a faulty one??? i.e. theres nothing special that needs to be done to the modem to make it work on my connection>???

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Testing Infinity Modem

Go to solution

Yes you can use it but don't just pull the plug out. Power it down.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Yes you can use it but don't just disconnect the DSL lead, power the modem down first by pulling out the power plug. After you've connected the leads, power it up.

So, first thing to do is power it down. Last thing to do is power it up. That way DLM won't be affected.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Thornea
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for that, just tested using neighbors modem and theres no difference...

Steves Hub.jpg

Tracerts and pings have tons of packet loss and timeouts but apparently my upload speed is acceptable even though it was 10.00+ 4-5 days ago and I was having no problems at all..

Really banging my head against a brick wall with BT tech support at the moment who say its fine from exchange to my house.

anyway, not to make a seperate thread for the same thing...

heres my main thread...

Main Fault thread on BT Care Forums

If anyone can take a look through there and see what ive tested that would be ideal..

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

You are best not to have two threads running about the same problem it only lead to confusion. Mark this one as solved and stick to the other thread.

0 Ratings