cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Thank you BT - seriously ... thank you!

I used to be a long-standing BT customer but in June this year I took my business to Vodafone. Generally, I had had no problem with the BT service. In fact, when I took their broadband deal and the speeds were dropping in the evening, the Mods on this forum @PaddyB and @DanielS were just superb in fixing the issue. Their broadband was rock solid, but the prices were high. Vodafone offered their FTTC broadband for half the price. So I went.

Biggest mistake ever! An advertised 50Mb package which never, EVER did more than half that. So I left.

This morning is Day 1 of my return to BT. Zero disruption to service. Switch done before 8.00am. Literally a change of router and, straight out the box, a solid 46Mb! Fantastic!! Thank you SO much.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thank you BT - seriously ... thank you!

Hi @sbrodie thanks for your post and it always great to get positive feedback. I'll make sure Paddy and Danny's manager receives this feedback 🙂

Cheers John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Strangely you're not the first person to have major issues with the other provider in question that I've heard of & people wonder why they're so cheap

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

If I’m honest, BT should do much more to keep existing customers. I moved simply because of the costs and because, even as a decades-long customer, I wasn’t valued enough to deserve a better deal.

That said, I had no idea Vodafone would be so awful. Is it Openreach making things difficult for third parties? .... I don’t know. Frankly I don’t really care. As a “new” BT customer again, I’m getting what I’m paying for at an OK price. I’m happy, for now.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Openreach treat every ISP the same. You get what you pay for.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@sbrodiewrote:

Is it Openreach making things difficult for third parties? .... I don’t know. Frankly I don’t really care.

Everyone thinks same line, same speeds no matter who they go with, once the connections reaches the excahnge things differ, they don't factor in the wholesale side of things, each provider have their own peering/transit agreements, that is where the difference lies.
There was a post on the Plusnet forums that explained in more details, I'll try finding it again.

0 Ratings