Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Superphonic
Beginner
Message 1 of 25

The Ballard of BT Cabinet P3

So... I went in to a support chat armed with the following:WhatsApp Image 2018-11-19 at 08.56.47.jpeg

Roothing Cabinet P3

image.png

In case it is not clear, my property is connected to this cabinet. I contacted support chat to see if there was an estimated fix time. Clearly I am not expecting a few hours, but if it is a week, then I will use my phone as a hotspot. If it is likely to be 2 weeks + I may splash out on a 4G router and data sim to get my house back up and running.

What followed was one of the most frustrating support experiences of my life, and I have had a few. It was like I was talking to myself, the support agent was so completely unwilling to even acknowledge I was asking any questions, just working her way down her script. She ran a test on my line, which I asked her not to. I simply wanted to know if there was an estimated fix time for the cabinet. She came back 5 minutes later saying it was taking a long time, would I mind waiting. Then she came back and said that a fault ws showing on my line (really!) and she would need to book an engineer. I said I didn't want that, I know there is a fault. YOU know there is a fault, I just want an estimated fix time. She then came back with the blurb about if the problem is found on my property I will be charged £85. I said again I don't want an engineer, I want an estimated fix time for the broken cabinet. She then came back saying she will book the engineer now.

I literally had to check that I was actually typing replies, and not just imagining it. I asked to be transferred to UK support person, I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, nothing would knock her off script...... Eventually she said she understood, and that she will book an engineer that will "Fix all my problem". I thanked her for wasting 45 minutes of my time and left the chat.

I then got a call from her supervisor, who went on to explain the EXACT same thing to me for 10 minutes. Especially the fact that I will be charged if the fault was found on my property!?!?! 

At this point I think that I may be the problem. I just wanted let someone know, so that when they find my lifeless body hanging from the master socket with "you'll be charged £85..." scrawled all over the walls, someone somewhere will know what happened.

I can only assume that Openreach are such secret squirrels, they don't update anyone on anything so the BT support staff can't actually give out any information that's helpful.

I still don't know when the box will be fixed. No one is there at the moment doing anything, so I assume not tonight. 

24 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: The Ballard of BT Cabinet P3

As the cabinet has nothing to do with BT Retail it is no wonder that the Customer Service rep would not have a clue about it.

Only Openreach who are responsible for the cabinet will be able to give an expected completion date for the repair but I would not bet on it being anytime soon and you should consider at the least your first option and probably your second option just to be sure.

ChrisThePessimist
Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Chat is total, total waste of time.  Touch..bargepole.  I can't figure out if BT are stuck in a contract with them and are leaving it to expire without actually talking to them or if they are an essential part of the BT "The Customer is the Enemy" squad, tasked with keeping customers at bay at all costs.

Chris TP

0 Ratings
ChrisThePessimist
Contributor
Message 4 of 25

They may not be able to answer the question but in order to not be worse than useless they should be prepared to consider that there IS a question, and that it's not one they can answer without raising a request to O-R.  The mechanistic ploughing on through a script helps no-one (unless of course my The Customer is the Enemy Squad does actually exist and they are the vanguard of it).  No, OK, it's not the fault of the individuals- but anyone who designs a system such as that in which the Chat team is trapped is either bonkers or just anti-customer. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 25

I agree that they should just have said that they can not help but I can not understand why anybody would waste 45 minutes trying to get an answer when it would be blatantly obvious that the CS rep did not have clue after the first few minutes!

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 25

Estimated resolution date 22nd November. So, 4 days in all barring any problems but I can keep you updated here.

Not bad considering the damage.Roothing.jpg

ChrisThePessimist
Contributor
Message 7 of 25

Ah!  Of course!  it's all our fault; BT customer service may be rubbish but it's our own fault for not understanding that they are rubbish.  Mea culpa; I'll bear this in mind next  time I need help.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 25

Well at least you understand that. Is there anything else you want to moan about?

0 Ratings
Superphonic
Beginner
Message 9 of 25

I really don't understand this line of reasoning... Am I supposed to be some bt/openreach guru. My broadband is with bt, my broadband is not working. I contact bt to find out when it will be fixed? Its not rocket science. A bit of customer service, common sense, talking like a human? I mean customers don't have chance. How can there be no information flow in that direction?? The whole cabinet is destroyed, customers wanting to know if they are going to be back online this century is not out of the ordinary in this situation.

How else am I supposed to find out what is going on? Let's be honest and say the customer support here is beyond terrible. Coming back at me like I am the idiot for non understanding how the system works and expecting support from bt support is just arrogant and rude. "Of course you're not going to get anything useful from bt support. Duh!" Nice....
Superphonic
Beginner
Message 10 of 25

Hey pippincp. Thanks for this info, where did you get it from? Customers in this area would probably really appreciate knowing this!
0 Ratings