cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winstonedd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

The next update (FTTP Progress) FURIOUS

So up until recently i had an order for FTTP.

I joined BT in Jan in preperation for the FTTP works that started work so that i could simply upgrade (was asured i could do this when taking out the contract)

My original Installation date for FTTP  was the 28th of September but a week before i was told that they could not yet carry out the works as there was no capacity at the exchange. I was informed by text from BT this was the case and that on the 9th of October they would get an update from Openreach about the status.

about a week ago my order was cancelled and when i rang up the supervisor assured me that they were still waiting from Openreach regarding an update for capacity and that although the order was cancelled this was just to prevent a backlog of orders on the system but i was assured my order is still on the system ready to proceed when capacity is available.

So yesterday at night i phone BT again in regards to the update. The supervisor was unaware of what i was waiting for and after waiting on hold for 20 minutes whilst she spoke to manager i was told that nowhere on the system is there any mention of capacity. apparently she can see the message sent by the other supervisor RE capacity but she told me that it is a completely different reason to what Openreach said

She cant tell me the reason why Openreach cancelled the order but then explained that she cannot place a new order on the system as she has to now send my account to another department to fix an error that prevents me from ordering again.

Im getting seriously fed up here, Why cant i be told consistant information? and how the hell are openreach to know there is a capacity requirement if they cancel my order? Surely it makes sense for Openreach to keep orders open until a set amount of requests trigger a capacity increase request? I just feel this funded projects is a complete waste if our village cant actually get onto the service!!

to make matters worse, ive been paying a more expensive service so that i can simply upgrade to FTTP and now my order is cancelled yet they have still placed me on a new 18 month contract despite the fttp works not being finished! i want my old contract that is due to end December to be returned for if i am not going to be provided FTTP then i may aswell join sky and stay on ADSL and have my package cheaper

Im at the end of my tether and would really like some mod help on this as im getting nowehere and i am now just at the stage where im going to be sending out complaints left right and centre and following up with any regulators i can

Kind regards

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: The next update (FTTP Progress) FURIOUS

If its an FTTP (Fibre To The Premises) order, then the moderators or forum members will be unable to assist.

These installations are dealt with by a special team on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Winstonedd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

UPDATE:

So i spoke to the FTTP Team again on the 11th and was told that the reason was not infact due to Capacity but due to needing councils permission to start the works. I explained that the works have already been completed and as far as OR is aware the works are completed and ready to go.

I was then passed to connections team and the gentleman said that this was not the issue (a repeating pattern going on here) and that the issue is down to a variable in my address and that it would take a couple of days to solve and i would be contact back again.

No calls recieved so today i phone and i managed to get straight through to conections Team after speaking to the FTTP Team and they said that there was no issues with any my address or any variables.

Again im being told soemthing different Each tme and BT can't seem to give me a straight answer as to why my last order was cancelled by Openreach, and ofcourse Openreaach cant help me as im not the customer to them.

Where the hell do i go from here? i am 13 days away from escalating with the ombudsmen as i feel BT are just making it up as they go along.

I took your suggestion of speaking to the FTTP Team but they are none the wiser. Pleae can a mod help me with where to go next as im hitting a brick wall and quite frankly getting sick of it!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Winstonedd,

I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry you haven't been able to get a proper update from the FTTP team. If you send me in your details I'll do my best to find out what is happening with your order.

You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Winstonedd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

UPDATE:

Spoke to BT today to mention that so far no engineer has turned up yet for the external works in preperation for the installation date of the 30th.

The gentleman i spoke to mentioned that the reason for this is that with my build they wont need 2 appointments and that on the 30th my engineer will do everything to install me to the network and will install the Modem.

I asked if the external works are needed for the CSP but i was advised that with my particular build they wont need to do this as they will install straight into my house?

sounds very odd but can this be the case? apparently this method is done on certain houses and if for any reason any more works need to be carried out that he will ask another engineer to asist.

im in a detached Stone built house so i assumed that the CSP would be needed from the pole near my house and then on the second visit i would have a Modem and ONT setup.

is it that this was explained incorrectly or do you think he means that its the same process built into 1 appointment as opposed to split appointments?

Having a look around i see some mentions of a connecterised way that doesnt potentially need a CSP when it comes to existing dwellings, perhaps this is what this situation is.

any advice for thos who had similar setup would be greatly appreciated

0 Ratings