cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 33

Re: The nightmare of a new build and broadband!!

Number dialed on August 10, send me packing to Openreach, saying they couldn't even find me, even though the address is registered with Royal Mail for a month now.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 33

Called again today to that number, lady told me after speaking with Openreach that according to Openreach I don't exist, yet she can see my address exists on Royal Mail (it has for a month now). Promised to give me an update in 3 days and lodged a complaint for me, too. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 33

Got a call today, 5 days after I last called. 

In short: BT has decided to wash their hands on this. They blame Openreach, saying that they have told them they are aware this is a new estate but they haven't decided what they'll do. Seems like Openreach wants to wait until there are more houses done to connect people all in one go. I am the first house built of the last 2 streets of the last phase of this estate. Houses that were finished a few weeks before me are nearly all on same situation. 

BT also told me I have to go to my developers to demand they force Openreach. I had done that more than 3 weeks ago and they nearly laughed at me saying they never ever have had to do any of this for any customer of the estate, that they leave houses ready to be connected to the network (this is true) and they inform Openreach when things are ready. 

BT has closed my complaint as they can't do more and Openreach has basically told me that they can't do absolutely nothing without BT's request. Apparently that I am the owner of the property and I'm the one with an issue is pointless to them. 

So, between Openreach and BT, I'm bound to be fired shortly, as this 4G broadband **bleep** can't really give a reliable speed and is useless for zoom video calls. 

Great work! 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 33

See if you can make any headway with the Openreach twitter team tomorrow. @OpenreachHelp

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 33

Unfortunately it did not work. I ended up being told that I am not Openreach's customer, the developer is and it is up to the developer. 

Developer insists house is ready to be connected to grid and signed off. The only tidbit I got, I got from the guy handling my complaint in BT, which was that the guy running the show for Openreach for this development knew about situation but basically they had not decided what to do. And while I decide, I can lose my job. Superb! 😕

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 33

What are the lights on the ONT, Specifically the LOS Light and the PON Light?

If the LOS Light is Red then that would indicate it has no Light Source so either the PON hasn’t been built yet or the Head End hasn’t been lit up.

If the PON is Green but Flashing then that would indicate it has a Light Source from the Head End and would need a Profile Build doing for an OGEA Service.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 33

Second scenario, green flashing light. I have told this every time I have spoken to BT and Openreach but they don't really care much for that detail 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 33

At least that means the PON is built and lit up at the Head End.

I can’t understand what the issue is, I think you’re unfortunately a victim of Computer Says No and Call Centre Politics.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 33

I managed to get Openreach to call me today. Someone was looking into it and told me she tried to pin down my plot details but was trying to get confirmation from the FBC/his manager. They will confirm details and arrange for the plot to be called off or advise what steps are needed. After that is done they will need to send to the contractors to complete any work that needs to be done.

She told me that if she heard back today or tomorrow before 2pm she would update me further, if not she would ask a colleague as she was on leave next week but to trust that the issue was now being looked at to be resolved. 

This said ..... A day after I got my keys and started to move my footpath was brokened up and a big ditch was opened and they started to put up cables. Those cables, I was told, were for BT. When they covered the thing, there was this box where you could see it said "BT". Cable carried on down the street (which is barely built after my house). Few days later they put up a cabinet and I could see cable not only carried on down the street, but up and into the cabinet. Today, right from where the cabinet is, they cut the street open, and laid cable from the cabinet to the other side of the road. Clearly, to me, they were giving out houses sooner than they should've. But seems to me, as more people are moving in soon, that they will need to connect a bunch all in one go. This matches with what the guy from BT told me when calling me about the complaint, that Openreach had not decided what to do, if wait until more was done and connect a bunch all at once, or if connect houses as they were completed. I feel I am "paying the price" of being the first one in, tbh, but if anything, maybe what this person that called me today has started, will help to get me to have it all sorted eventually (when, I don't know)

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 33

Given you have a Flashing Green PON they’ll be nothing left to physically build, at least not on the Openreach Side of the Network anyway.

0 Ratings