cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

The old "drops when it rains" broadband issue

Seen so many posts about this and not sure how to go about getting it resolved. If it rains, even just a slight misty rain, the router drops connection. Even if it keeps raining it comes back up and can stay on for rest of day.

it’s so predictable that if the router goes down I think "oh it must be raining"

Previous attempt to resolve just received the lazy have you tried replacing the micro filter which annoys me as I have had broadband for years and they never fail. 

The cable coming in to the back of the house has a long way to go to reach the pole, about 50-100 yards away.

Any ideas how to get this taken seriously as I have been working from home and the connection has gone a few times during important Teams calls.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: The old "drops when it rains" broadband issue

Call BT 0800.800.15 and keep reporting a fault until they agree to get an engineer out to check your line. When the engineer comes out make sure that he/she understands that the problem happens when it rains. This should lead him/her to check that all the joints are secure and water tight.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: The old "drops when it rains" broadband issue

Thanks for the tip, will give that a try.

0 Ratings