cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kg2468
Message 1 of 11

The worst broadband provider I have ever experienced

After changing to BT Infinity for the excellent service they were advertising of 80mbps I have had the worst experience of my life. From day one they told me that an engineer would visit my property to install the BT hub and after waiting a whole day he did not visit and simply installed settings from outside and expected me to install the hub myself. Now every day i suffer loss of connection, extremely slow internet speed of only 20mbps and have to reboot my hub. I can see why BT tie you to a ridiculous 18 month contract, because is they realise how bad their broadband service is and how unreliable they are.They flower it up to make it sound amazing and trustworthy, when in reality it is the exact opposite, one of the worst ever. I have had countless amounts of phone calls from the team telling me to do the same thing when I call and ergo getting the exact same result each time. The same thing happens with the engineer visits, telling us they have no idea what the problwm is each time. It is infuriating and I try not to swear but the service has been completely sh**e I would not recommend it to anyone and hope that people learn from this experience I have had and do not sign up to the ploy.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: The worst broadband provider I have ever experienced

I'm not sure what you mean by settings from outside but if you ordered Infinity 2 then the engineer should have replaced your master socket and got everything set up and working inside the house. If that didn't happen you had a poor install and should complain and it should be done again properly.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Graham345
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I also installed my own, and its' been spot on, 78/18. Apart from the right socket properly wired, a lot of it seems to purely be 'the luck of the draw' with what goes on outside your property.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Just because BT advertise speeds up to 80Mbps does not mean every line will be able to get those speeds. Did you check what speeds you would get before you signed up to Infinity and if so what were you quoted?  Are you on Infinity 1 or Infinity 2.

Infinity 1 is a self install where as Infinity 2 is an engineer install.

How many engineer visits have you had since you have complained about the speeds?

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

I presume you have a Homehub 5 so can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
kg2468
Message 5 of 11

Exactly I had no idea either it's part of the bull that they tell you when you call up to complain about it. I did follow it up and they simply passed the blame onto the initial sales person and gave me a rebate of a measly £5.

0 Ratings
installerd10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

0 Ratings
kg2468
Message 7 of 11

That is true but I think an average of 25mbps is pretty ridiculous. The sales person should have told us this and we were told around 78mbps, I assume I am on Infinity 2 because I have the home hub 5.

I have had 4 engineers in my property since complaining about the speed, and I do not wish to run anymore checks and tests due to the fact that I have probably done about over 30 within the last two weeks. The fault is still open with BT and I expect them to deal with it.

Thanks for the help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

You can get the Homehub 5 with Infinity 1 or 2 or even "normal" broadband. If you don't want to run any more tests you are wasting everyones time as well as your own posting on this forum.

0 Ratings
kg2468
Message 9 of 11

I have just checked and I do have Infinity 2. Also don't tell me that if you were in my situation you would not be fed up and tired of running the same procedure of tests each time for different people, because anybody would so there is no need to be rude.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

I am not being rude. I assumed you posted on this forum to get some help with your problem. In order to try and help you were asked to run some tests in order to assist in trying to diagnose your problem. In my mind it was you being rude by refusing to run the tests.

I will however respect your wishes and leave you with your problem and your open fault ticket with BT and hope they resolve it for you.