Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 11 of 17

Re: Thinking of joining BT Infinity

@CraigB wrote:

Don't do it.  

Speed issues aside, customer care is appalling when something goes wrong.

Agreed customer care is awful, but honestly there are no good customer service with any ISP. Even in general there is very few companies that have good customer service these days.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
TimWhitaker
Beginner
Message 12 of 17

But BT seems to have a lot of customer care problems and are not improving or indeed learning from feedback. I had to wait three weeks for getting BT infinity installed with the poorest customer care practice you can imagine and no real apology !   It's not a great advert for them.

0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 13 of 17

I have had 100% uptime since having infinity2 installed 6 months ago and speeds have never dropped below 7Mb/s (65mbit/s ish).

I've minor complaints about the HH3 which has otherwise worked well but this is mainly due to being used to much more feature packed routers such as those from Draytek etc. I will replace this shortly though anyway.

I have to agree that the little contact I have had with CS did not inspire confidence though.

There are some decent ISPs with excellent CS but you have to pay for them e.g. Zen and AAISP.

VPN traffic is not throttled BTW Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
ptan
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 17

Hi Andy_GB

First thing to do is to go to the main bt.com webpage and find out what speeds you may get. Not sure if you have a BT landline or not but you can enter your postcode / address to find out. You may be pleasantly surprised and be able to get the full whack of 80/20 depending on how close you are to the local cabinet.

I've been on Infinity for over a year now and VPN is not throttled.

ptan

0 Ratings
morsing
Contributor
Message 15 of 17

I can only add to the "Don't do it". Really, don't...

BT engineers are technically far more incompetent and BT bully smaller ISPs relying on their network. And BT's customer service is just dreadful.

And yes, there are ISPs with superb customer service and excellent technical skills. And it's a common misunderstanding that only BT can offer Infinity. In-fact any ISP can offer this service, it's just called FTTC.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 17

@morsing wrote:

BT engineers are technically far more incompetent and BT bully smaller ISPs relying on their network. And BT's customer service is just dreadful.

And yes, there are ISPs with superb customer service and excellent technical skills. And it's a common misunderstanding that only BT can offer Infinity. In-fact any ISP can offer this service, it's just called FTTC.

BT are the only ones that can offer Infinity because Infinity is a BT product. Other ISPs use the Openreach network, so you will still get the same engineers regardless of the ISP.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 17 of 17

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@morsing wrote:

BT are the only ones that can offer Infinity because Infinity is a BT product. Other ISPs use the Openreach network, so you will still get the same engineers regardless of the ISP.

That is what he said...

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings