cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tintac
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Third Hub5 since end of December 15

Move over to BT faster broadband with TV and BT sport. Never really had a good speed for sport although BT said 5-11 Mbps would be OK, get about 5. Said the router could be at fault and I need a BT power line extender, have already BT homehotspot 500 flex. Now they reckon my new router might be faulty and are sending out a replacement. Everything seemed OK(less sport) with my initial router but since receiving the second I cannot get anything to work by Ethernet be it through the powerine adapters or direct from desktop PC direct. Wireless only to the hub. Have reset everything and followed all instructions but cannot get a data link to the router at all. If I try to connect WiFi via a wireless plug in adapter just says authentication problem. Am I a silly billy or is the router faulty?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Third Hub5 since end of December 15

can you just connect your hub direct to the filter in the master socket or SSFP if you have one and post the router stats - troubleshooting/helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tintac
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Will do. Just to add I have not received  my third replacement router yet, due Monday or Tuesday. Thanks

0 Ratings
tintac
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Having a few problems at the moment. Everything is being done by wifi and is taking too long that I have reset my desktop pc to its factory settings and now have to input all the settings. Still cannot figure why I cannot connect my pc by cable or download the router stats.

0 Ratings
tintac
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Just received my new hub5 and still problems. Have tried all the combinations of testing everything and rotating the ethernet cables(issued) around. Have had a long chat with BT helpline and found out by using cable from maplins I can now get data from router and my BT wire home hotspot 500 kit is faulty. I can only get faster broadband out here in the sticks so I am lucky if I get 6 MPs and have only just been told by BT that I cannot use a laptop or similar whilst watching BT sport or I will lose the required speed/connection so it's back to the dark ages.

0 Ratings
tintac
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Long conversation and tests with BT helpline. Getting only 2 MBS and all of a sudden by changing hub ports got 9. Told that with faster broadband if someone on the house uses a laptop or similar then my speed will drop and I will not be able to watch BT sport and it's just happened. Going to pay sky for sports and chuck the youview box in the bin.

0 Ratings