cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 5

This is not a complaint just a question.

We are told to not reset the OR modem [or any modem] because the DLM might lower the profile sensing a fault.

But if the HH5 is an all in one unit [like my dreytek] then imo there will be a lot of problems caused by the offshore centers telling customers to reset the modem.

How is BT going to deal with the DLM,that is the job of OR,but they will not be responable for HH5 problems,surely the DLM will be a real pain with HH5`s.?

With an HH4 the router can be reset alone,but with an HH5 the lot gets reset.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: This is not a complaint just a question.

Unless anything changes with DLM (Which I don't see happening) there is going to be a lot of people who will suffer.

Not only that, what if the homehub is playing up and needs to be rebooted? etc etc.

I think HH5 is a bad idea until BT retail have some control over DLM

Guru
Message 3 of 5

It depends exactly what you need to do.

It may be that you can do a PPPoE reset on the HH5 without a complete reset?

Also, it seems proper modem reset (or even power cycle) is much less damaging to DLM than disconnect/reconnect the incoming phone cable; so the same is probably true of HH5.  Still not without risk, though.

0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Wait a couple of weeks and DLM will rest or thats the speed you should be getting. Thats all you will get from india!
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the replys,so to sum up there will be no real advantage for customers when the HH5 becomes the standard issue, because unless the DLM is made less aggressive when it senses faults and corrects the profiles a lot quicker [6 weeks approx is way to long] it might be better for some to stay with the current OR Modem and HH4 issue.?

0 Ratings