Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jr_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Throttled Connection?

Hi Folks,

Ive been having "issues" with my broadband for around the last 2 weeks, essentially I pay for Infinity 2 unlimited, my line speed was promised at 41Mb and my estimated speeds were around 55Mb to 68Mb if I remember that range correctly. Well for some reason my speed literally will not go above 40Mb, and sometimes its even slower.

Ive tried all the usual reset the router, leave it off for 30 seconds etc. So I decided to ask on here.

Here are my stats after another reset, the max download speed ive maintained prior to the problems was around a 70Mb connection, but its hit 80+ Mb on occasions. My upload speed is pretty stable around 15Mb normally.

Any help at all folks?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Throttled Connection?

SNR is high and looks like you are banded at 40 your max attainable is 80
Looks like DLM is reacting to disconnections and errors on your line 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Are you connected to an extension socket or the master socket?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jr_uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Its in to the master socket, which is one of the SSFP faceplates.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

can you try the test socket shown by black arrow and see if that helps especially if you have extension sockets in other rooms

test-socket-thumb.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings