cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SparkyC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Throttling? Superfast Fibre Plus to Superfast Fibre Halo 1

Like many customers, I was moved onto Halo 1 from Superfast Fibre Plus.  I noticed my new guaranteed minimum download speed had reduced from 40Mb/s to 30Mb/s.  I didn't think anything of this as my actual download speed was still stable around 45Mb/s.

However, I recontracted and the day after the cooling off period my download speed dropped to 36Mb/s.  This is where it remains.

I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Throttling? Superfast Fibre Plus to Superfast Fibre Halo 1

it may be with the recontract you have lost G.INP which happens but if that is cause then with stable connection it should be re-enable in about 7 days

post your router stats and enter phone number and post dslchecker results  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
SparkyC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Hi @imjolly 

My cooling off period ended about a month ago so I guess it should have settled by now.  Here's the stats:-

SparkyC_0-1582028151869.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

which exchange and cab?

your current down speed is within range expected although near bottom

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SparkyC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Brentwood.

Cab 19

What numbers should I be looking at, Downstream Line Rate, Range B?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

so checking you are on Huawei cab so as I said the probability is the recontract has lost G.INP but just maintain connection and DLM should re-activate G.INP giving speed boost again

I was looking at range 'A'

0 Ratings
SparkyC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Hi @imjolly 

So to clarify, basis range A, I'm currently sitting around 5 below the minimum at ~35(previous to the recontract it had been sitting at ~45 and had been since 2018).

Is your suggestion that G.INP will re-activate at some stage so just sit tight an monitor (it's been more than a month since the end of the cooling off period so well beyond the 7-days you suggest is the norm if that is the issue)?

It's no biggie, just a bit of a weird coincidence I suffered the degradation bang on the date after I could back out of the contract.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 8 of 15

Post your hub connection stats. Advanced settings/technical log/information.

0 Ratings
SparkyC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Hi @pippincp 

How do I do that?

Cheers

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to hub manager then advanced settings then technical log information. Post same way as you posted dslchecker results

0 Ratings