cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Throughput issue FTTC

Hello all, 

I'm having a throughput issue on my Fttc broadband between the hours of 6pm to 11 since about December (at least that's when I noticed it) . Throughput will drop to as low as 6 Meg but normally be between 10 and 20 and return to 73 at around 11-midnight. I am an engineer so I'm able to run diagnostics on my broadband between these hours of slow throughput and have a solid sync of 80/20 with zero errors. I have tried a third party router however the issue remains. I have turned everything off in the house and turned off all devices but the issue remains. I have completed speed tests with wired and WiFi connection but no difference. My exchange is cwmbran and I'm off cabinet 40. I had a fault about 2 months ago no dial tone which turned out to be a faulty dslam port. My port was changed however my slow throughput has remained. At first I thought I would leave it as I thought if it was a congestion issue it would flag up and be resolved, but it hasn't. I have considered moving providers as I know congestion issues are a pain to fix but thought I would give this forum a spin before I make a knee jerk reaction.

Any help would be appreciated 

Regards

Anthony

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Throughput issue FTTC

Hi @dusk24,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry that you are experiencing possible congestion issues. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings