cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GammonZ
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Time for an engineer? HH5 issues.

So its been about a week now and the connection is still dropping out very frequently. Last week its was around about every 20 minutes and BT did admit that I had been experiencing heavy drops and that statement was spot on!

I have changed from the HH5b to the HH5a and have replaced my filters as well as running the connection through the test socket. Phoned up to check my area and there has been no reported problems in my area at all.

So im really at a loose end on what to do now im assuming the an engineer visit is the correct way to go as I don't want to be slapped with the isance charge if the error is my end.

Anything I maybe overlooking that could help to resolve the issue? Its seriously getting to me now as the fibre has been faultless with no noted drops since I was first connected back in August!
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
dilosec
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Time for an engineer? HH5 issues.

Have you considered a non-BT modem/router solution? It will be money well spent, and less hair pulled.

See: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/At-last-I-ve-solved-my-Infinity2-speed-and-...

0 Ratings
GammonZ
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Time for an engineer? HH5 issues.

I have yes will have a look around for a suitable replacement. Just don't wanna fork out more money and the issue keeps happy.

The fact ive switched between the two different HH5's makes me think that its properly not a router issue though.
0 Ratings