cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jr7
Message 1 of 5

Told by BT my broadband speeds would be upgraded - but nothing happened

Sometime last year, I noticed a green BT box being installed on the same road as me.

On 19 December 2018 I received a text message from BT, saying my speeds would be upgraded on 21st December and my line would be disconnected for two hours for this

21st December came and went with no disconnections, so I thought I'd reboot my router (unplugging it for at least 15 minutes or so) and hoped I'd resync at the faster speed.

I've tried this a few times since, but my speeds still haven't been upgraded.

The SamKnows "UK Broadband Availability" checker says my line is now capable of a max downstream of 80 Mbps and Upstream of 20 Mbps.

Despite this, I'm still syncing at around 28 down and 4 up

Any idea what to do so I can achieve the speeds I should now be getting?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Told by BT my broadband speeds would be upgraded - but nothing happened

If your current connection speed is only 28mb then your line will not benefit from any upgrade. The upgrade was the removing of the infinity 1 cap at 55mb but it would only give faster speed if you were getting mat 55mb. Your line from what you say is running as fast as it can

post stats from your hub

enter phone number and post results. Delete number.   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jr7
Message 3 of 5

The upgrade was related to BT installing a green box on my street. I didn't choose to upgrade, I was told I would be upgraded.

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperObserved SpeedsVDSLOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)8079201975Unavailable---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)8079201974Unavailable---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 11--6.5 to 15Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 11Up to 16.5 to 15Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date31-12-2018
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Have your neighbours seen improved speeds? It sounds as though Openreach haven't completed the live to live migration yet
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

can you post hub stats?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings