Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tinyelvis
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Totally regret leaving Virgin

I moved to BT as they promised to out-perform Virgin, firstly with standard broadband, with a promise that infnity would be available locally within 6 months. We bought it and the infinity upgrade landed on time (following hike in phone costs, broadband crashing several times and hours and HOURS of my life wasted on call centre 'on-holds'!).

Infinity gives me 39.7 Mb/s : 8Mb/s, and as we were promised to be able to download films to my iPad via wifi in minutes (used to take hours) we were dissapointed to find the first film took several hours! I had on-line support to try to reslove it (usual turn off/on pluse other steps such as changing channel on my HomeHub3.

This hasn't worked, and the Indian call centre has, after the obligatory lifetime on hold, conducted the same old questions and tests only to find they can't help as 'you have been provided written information instructing you that wireless performance is not part of the contract'. Eh! Firstly, I haven't had any written paperwork period. Secondly, this is 2013, apart from the Mac how else do they expect the net to be used?? They also oferred expert technical support, but stated I would need to pay for this!!

I really just need someone to resolve this, I pay a fortune, it would be nice for the customer service to reflect this. Wouldn't it?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Totally regret leaving Virgin

After miserable service from BT.......endless on hold....no service for 10 days .....booked engineer not turning up.....I'm going back to Virgin too. They have some great deals and the longest outage I ever had from them was a couple of hours.
BT seem to spend a fortune on marketing a product they clearly don't intend to support.
Treat your customers like cattle and they'll vote with their hooves.

Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 8

Did you use wireless with Virgin?

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Tinyelvis
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Yes, but to be fair the Router was ancient, that was part of the reason I went to BT - I got a free router!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Have you done a speed test, 1) on a wired connection, 2) on your Ipad.

To see if anybody on the forum can help the first thing to to is run this speed tester and once you have run the speed test also run the diagnostic test and post back all the results for both the wired and wireless test  including your IP profile for up and down.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 8

wireless-n will run at 300mbps on the homehub 3
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 7 of 8

First, your slow downloading could be to do with your line being throttled at certain times, this is only if you are using P2P of course. You can get this sorted by going for the Truly Unlimited Package. Second dont go back to Virgin, (some solid good advice)!. I have no experience with Virgin personally but I have heard alot of people move from Virgin to BT also I have close friends and family that have done the exact same steps and after a few teathing problems they are very happy with BT Infinity!. BT Home Hub 4 should do the job flawless for you, it is a very good modem as I know I use it myself and have a collection of modems from Belkin to Netgear and BT's HH3 and HH4 and the HH4 being the best out of the collection. I am sure you will get this settled also what were your estimates when you put your phone number in?, cause if you are hitting your estimates or above then going back to virgin wont help you at all, it will not solve your issues, I'm sure it must be better than Virgin ADSL+. I hope you get everything sorted!. 🙂 If you need BT's help, try to email them its better than calling up!. 😉 I dont know the new problem request web address which was very efficent and very handy, the original one has been taken down!. 😞

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Tinyelvis
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I did expect to get HH4 as part of upgrade, but the engineer left the HH3 in. Been told I'll need to buy this.

0 Ratings