cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Troubleshooter and Speed tester - doesn't work

The BT 'Troubleshooter and Speed tester' at 'https://support.bt.com/fix/broadband/?view=broadbandspeed#/questions/2' doesn't work for me. I've tried it numerous times over the past few months and it tell me that it can's see my hub online. I have fibre to the house, and can test OK using Speedtest and Fast. Anybody know how to fix this?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Troubleshooter and Speed tester - doesn't work

do you have digital voice?  if so it is a known problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @pmarshal welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having issues running the MyBT speed test. I've seen this happen once before and a factory reset on the Smart Hub 2 resolved it. 

1. Find the recessed "Reset" pinhole button on the back of your Hub.
  2. Using a paper clip or similar press the button and hold for 20 seconds. Your Hub lights will go out and your Hub will restart.
  3. Wait a few minutes for the Hub lights to settle. The central Power light will go blue and the Broadband light will be off.
Post back and let me know you get on.
Thanks 
Neil
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi Neil, last time I did this the upload speeds reset to 50 and it took weeks to get it put right, so I'm not keen to do this.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

No digital voice that I'm aware of. If it's a known problem, why haven't BT resolved it?

0 Ratings