cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martpu
Expert
Message 1381 of 1,731

Re: Just got home and run the speed test. Not bad, considerin...

@Detection wrote:

@martpu wrote:

@Daviduk wrote:

Just got home and run the speed test. Not bad, considering the BT speed predictor said 27 down and 6 up.

I was previously getting 38 down and 8 up.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1892390439.png

speedtest13042012.jpg

I can't get anything above 60mb on speedtest.net yet on bbmax I consistently get 73-74mb!!?!!

Different servers

Possibly David but I'm using London Namesco on speedtest.net yet on bbmax, that appears to be a Namesco server too?

I just assumed they were connected.

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 1382 of 1,731

Upgrades via phone - check your order is correct

to those that ordered over the phone because of the line rental saver issue - have you checked to see if your order is showing on your account - if not i suggest you ring them as they placed my order wrong and put it through as an upgrade that required an engineer - they then cancelled the order and i was able to re-order online earlier today with activation now set for monday 16th.

0 Ratings
Daviduk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1383 of 1,731

"gurka".

I believe I'm about 300 yards from the cabinet.

0 Ratings
ady199
Aspiring Expert
Message 1384 of 1,731

I'm not happy at all - my speed is getting worse! - My latest results are:-

I live about 300m away from the cabinet and before the speed upgrade I was getting between 37-39Mb/s down and 8-9Mb/s Up

I previously sent a message to a BT Mod they replied saying wait a few days and see if it sorts itself out - I'm sorry but this is unnaceptable, so I've just sent them another email to look at my connection ASAP

0 Ratings
Rowan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1385 of 1,731

Re: UPGRADE OF 40MB TO 80MB SPEEDS ?

Already posted in a different thread but other customers may not have seen it. Anyone else get this message when they try to sign up online?

Dear customer,

You have agreed to be part of the BT Broadband Next Generation Speed Broadband trial. We are in the middle of testing our new faster broadband service and making changes from the very valuable feedback you have been giving us. As advised in the trial Terms and Conditions we are unable to support certain other BT services, such as BT Vision and BT Broadband Anywhere. Once the trial period has ended you will be able to progress orders for these services as normal.

Thank you for your continued support with the BT Broadband Next Generation Speed Broadband trial.

For any queries related to this trial we remind you to call our trial support desk on 0800 3282050 who will be able to help you.

I'm not part of any trial and when I rang a BT service to get my BT email address they just said that they were still doing some tests in some areas. The engineer when he did the installation (today) said our line is capable of 72mb. Might give this number a try.

0 Ratings
kremmen
Contributor
Message 1386 of 1,731

@athlonoc wrote:

Here's an odd situation.

I checked my new possible speed and nothing has changed still 26meg - not too fussed really, but the same exchange ( KESGRAVE ) has another number showing 76meg up and another as 80meg up.

I must assume the exchange has been sorted for new Infinity speeds therefore it appears not everyone will getthe new speeds.

I have a new activation starting tomorrow so will wait and see.

Lee

Still waiting in my part of Kesgrave Lee - I had to laugh though when I put in the Post Office's postcode and was surprised they could not have it either.

0 Ratings
normanstephens
Contributor
Message 1387 of 1,731

I have the same problem but only worse, was getting 38/8 now getting 8/15!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
sahotaquack
Aspiring Expert
Message 1388 of 1,731

I was estimated 62 Down and 20 Up but im getting 42 Down and 14 Up, my profile is on 42 and im getting this fully which leads me to believe my line is capable of much more but is being restricted by the IP Profile.  Anyone know how often IP profiles get updated? Or how to get them updated, ive already powercycled the modem.

Thanks

0 Ratings
asm86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1389 of 1,731

sahotaquack - I am pretty much same as you. Was estimated around the same and am at 47 down 13 up. My IP profile is at 47 and so I am getting that fully too. I'm curious as to what your max attainable says on the bt speedtester diag test? Mine says the maximum attainable is 47, is yours the same as your IP profile too? Or somewhere nearer what you were estimated? The infinity checker and dslchecker at bwholesale both say I can get 67.1 by the way.

0 Ratings
sahotaquack
Aspiring Expert
Message 1390 of 1,731

Yeah its the same as the IP profile, 42mb, quite annoying tbh although i do understand that 42MB is also very good but its obviose to me that it could be more!

0 Ratings