cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 1531 of 1,731

Re: UPGRADE OF 40MB TO 80MB SPEEDS ?

Could be a dodgy speedtest site or your antivirus. Kaspersky is known to give bizzare results.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
BattFink
Contributor
Message 1532 of 1,731

I'm presuming you're on FTTP? Looks like Infinity Option 3 speeds

0 Ratings
deano3693
Aspiring Expert
Message 1533 of 1,731

Anybody know how long the 80mb upgrade takes after you have received the Thank you for your order is we don't confirm your order by email or letter within 5 days please call this number ..... as it hasn't appeared in MyBT yet ?

IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN - Comptia A+ Certified, MTA Qualified and MTSC qualified
0 Ratings
peapod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1534 of 1,731

Hi

After speaking to BT the 2nd time(was supposed to get a call within 3 days...yeah right) I am now told im still in migration period.  I think they are passing the buck.

So, im still on 37/8......I have emailed the mods still no reply....

0 Ratings
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 1535 of 1,731

@peapod wrote:

Hi

After speaking to BT the 2nd time(was supposed to get a call within 3 days...yeah right) I am now told im still in migration period.  I think they are passing the buck.

So, im still on 37/8......I have emailed the mods still no reply....

The Mods can take up to three working days to reply.
0 Ratings
nayan89
Contributor
Message 1536 of 1,731

Just got off the phone to BT, was told the same old malarkey about 10 day period, when I was told on the previous call 24-48 hours. This time they've told me they are going to reset my line to try and get it sorted within the next 24 hours. They said they'll call me back tomorrow evening too to get an update and have taken the persons name down so it sounds a bit more promising this time considering they promised it'll be sorted now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
sahotaquack
Aspiring Expert
Message 1537 of 1,731

Ive still got 38mb and 9.5mb showing on MyBT?? I upgraded on the first day available.

0 Ratings
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 1538 of 1,731

I'm a bit baffled with my speed results. When I had the upgrade done last Friday my IP profile was approximately 72.19 Mbps ( I can't remember the actual number ). I was getting download speeds of around 70 Mbps. The last couple of days my speed has gone down to around 62Mbps. I just checked my IP profile and it's now saying 64.85 Mbps. The estimate in the BT checker before the upgrade was 63.5/20. Does this all sound right. I don't understand why my IP profile has been reduced. Is this an indication of a problem ?
0 Ratings
chrisdman
Beginner
Message 1539 of 1,731

Hi everyone,

Got enabled in the early hours of this morning, was getting 38/8 before and now getting 40/14.

I was expecting to get more....

I have re-booted the router as advised but still getting the same results.

Any ideas if it will jump up to the expected 60/70+

Thanks,

Chris.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 1540 of 1,731

@Mister_C wrote:
I'm a bit baffled with my speed results. When I had the upgrade done last Friday my IP profile was approximately 72.19 Mbps ( I can't remember the actual number ). I was getting download speeds of around 70 Mbps. The last couple of days my speed has gone down to around 62Mbps. I just checked my IP profile and it's now saying 64.85 Mbps. The estimate in the BT checker before the upgrade was 63.5/20. Does this all sound right. I don't understand why my IP profile has been reduced. Is this an indication of a problem ?

Like ADSL, when your line initally connected on the new up to 80 profile the SNR would have been set to 6. More than likely some "noise" has been detected by DLM so it's increased your SNR margin which has brought your connection rate down. DLM favours stability over speed. You're at what you were estimated  - just enjoy it 🙂

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings