Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 27

Re: UPLOAD SPEED HALVED

@tof1998 wrote:

i tried the 151, was told i may have to pay £120.00, if they cant find a fault,

As long as you carried out the "quiet line" test from the test socket on the master socket, and so long as nothing from your home wiring is connected before the master socket (by using the test socket, none of your extentions should be working) and you are still getting noise on the line, then you shouldn't be charged for an engineer's visit. It may be worth just visually checking the phone line from where it comes into the property through to the master socket ensuring there is no damage/extra connections (star wiring)......Smiley Wink

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
tof1998
Beginner
Message 22 of 27

UPDATE......Including face palm....

Well, after extensive research,testing and head scratching, i switched off my main win 8 PC...I moved over to my backup ,

Win 7 on a intel i5 2500k .  Same network , same asus router, same switch box (zyxel 24 port managed ), upload speed was showing 19mb....( on 3 seperate sites )...So...Obviously a problem with my main PC....Switched on win 8 pc, reinstalled updated chipset and lan , drivers, installed the killer network app from MSI.....did a full diagnostic check, and here are the results..

1st is think Broadband

2nd is ookla

3rd is testmynet

So im relieved to have sorted the upload problem, but the fact remains that my internet goes off when it rains, which is the reason i got a second level (apparently ) techie ,calling me back tomorrow.

I would like to thank you all for the help provided, im off for an early night, i have a headache that wont go away ..lol

Cheers

Brian

Broadbandresult.jpgookla.jpgtestmynet.jpg

0 Ratings
tof1998
Beginner
Message 23 of 27

UPDATE...

After spending the best part of an hour on the phone (wednesday ) i was promised a call back (thursday, today ) between 1pm & 3pm.........( regarding the internet going off when it rains ).........Needless to say, the call never came, i have waited until now  11:30pm before i post. Am i going to have to go through that whole process again ?

As i said in a previous post, i can live with it, but i dont see why i should have to.....

Perhaps that is BT's Tactics, crappy customer service, so people just get frustrated, and give up.

I will let you know if i get this resolved.

Cheers

Brian

0 Ratings
tof1998
Beginner
Message 24 of 27

BT called this morning, Engineer booked for Tuesday 2nd sept 2014

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 27

Let's hope it's raining.......Smiley Wink

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
tof1998
Beginner
Message 26 of 27

UPDATE...

Engineer arrived yesterday morning,....He did a few tests, and decided to replace the cable from the pole across the road.

( A job that should have been done when it was installed ).......             He put it directly into the property ( no junctions etc etc )...He called for the Crane/winch to get up the pole ...2 hours later, jobs a good un.....Internet back on , profile reset, all back up and running. 

I wont know if this has cured my problem until it rain's, However, I decided to post to let you all know, that the engineer that did the work (Tony..i think )  did a bang up job, was very knowledgeable, no fuss, no bother , no question was ducked, i was pleasantly surprised...

Thanks Tony...

Cheers

Brian

0 Ratings
shirts
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 27

Excellent news.....Smiley Happy

hand-cross.jpg

0 Ratings