cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jedimedic
Message 1 of 14

Ubiquity equipment unable to connect and redirect to 62.6.38.125

Hello. I'm new here so sorry if this has been covered. I'm hoping someone can help as customer service seem no help at all and it's a very frustrating issue.

Just recently moved home. Changed providers from plusnet to BT. My own equipment is ubiquity. I had the router, cloud key and wifi unit connected up to an open reach fibre box and all was well.

BT of course provided a hub but I did ask when I was setting up the account if there was an issue using 3rd party equipment to which I was told it was fine.

Initially when I received the hub I plugged in setup and it has been absolutely fine.... Now then, I have completely reset all my other equipment and started fresh connecting up exactly the same as previously and input the user name and password provided by BT.

My equipment states it is unable to connect to gateway and it them redirects me to BT Wholesale Service Information Page ( 62.6.38.125/index.html)

I have read this is a BT wholesale issue but my problem is a little different. Like I said everything is fine if I reconnect the hub.

Please help. I'm tearing my hair out. And I haven't got any!
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Ubiquity equipment unable to connect and redirect to 62.6.38.125

What username and password are you using in the Ubiquiti router?

It can be anything as long as it's in the format xxxxxxxxx@btbroadband.com and the password can be anything you want.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Jedimedic
Message 3 of 14

Hi. Thanks for the response.

I have actually tried numerous variants of the above, however, BT actually gave me my name @bt.com (first.last@bt.com) and password as BT. Tried without passwords too.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

The suffix needs to be @btbroadband.com
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Can you post up a screenshot of the settings you're using, including the authentication method etc
0 Ratings
redeye
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Hi,

Like you I have recently switched but in the opposite direction, I too use ubiquity equipment (AP pro and edgerouter poe).

Just as Webby suggested all I had to do was change was my passwords and I was good to go.

Just out of interest, is your openreach modem syncing at a higher rate with BT compared to plusnet?
0 Ratings
Jedimedic
Message 7 of 14

Sorry I'm on my phone and don't seem to have the option to post a pic?

But basically using PPPoE all I have is the option to put in username and password in. I can select static or DHCP which allows me to put in IP address, router, subnet mask, primary and secondary DNS but they are blank. I have tried the same settings as the hub previously but no joy.

As for username password I have tried the one you suggested several times with different prefix, with and without passwords. No joy.
0 Ratings
Jedimedic
Message 8 of 14

Hi Redeye.

I had hoped to do the same but as I said it just won't connect.

I don't think there is much difference in the syncing rate but in all honesty I don't really know.

What username/password do you use??
0 Ratings
Jedimedic
Message 9 of 14

By that I mean when you were on BT
0 Ratings
Jedimedic
Message 10 of 14

No one else any
Ideas? 😩