cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
saltwafers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 23

Re: ULTRAFAST G.FAST: Good constant SYNC speed, but inconsistent low THROUGHPUT speed

I’d caution myself against getting any replacement router for G.Fast at the moment, because they’re untested and mostly uncertified for G.Fast,….. and Ultrafast is a new sevice that may require further teething / testing / investigations / etc.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

Re: ULTRAFAST G.FAST: Good constant SYNC speed, but inconsistent low THROUGHPUT speed

Hi @saltwafers

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you're having problems with your throughput speed.

I'd like to get this investigated from here.  Can you send us over your details and we'll get back to you?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

saltwafers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 23

Last week, my ULTRAFAST 2 issues went from bad to worse, even after changing to a new SmartHub UltraFast router. The sync speed (upload and download) went to crazy inconsistent values, even going below 100 MBps. At one point, the router rebooted 4 times during the day !

OpenReach came to change the drop cable from pole to the property (with what is apparently a G-Fast specified twisted pair copper cable) but this did not improve things, i.e., test results were the same before and after changing the drop wire.

What sorted it is when the Engineer reset the port connections, effectively refreshing / renewing the broadband connection… I was told by BT that this is something that they cannot do. Only OpenReach can do this, but BT can act as middleman (I have to call BT, not OpenReach) if this will need to be done again in the future.

My sync speed is now back to 330 MBps downstream and 49.5 MBps upstream, and the router hasn’t restarted for 48 hours. Thanks @RobbieMac I will monitor in the next few days.

According OpenReach, the problems (variable/low Sync speeds and router rebooting - numerous times during the day) were most possibly due to BT TINKERING WITH THE SETTINGS ????????

0 Ratings