cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben57
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: Ultra fast broadband

I came on this site for advice, obviously you don’t agree with my post so in future keep your stupid answers to yourself 

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 12 of 15

As I asked you for futher information which you decided not to supply I don't mind dropping out of this thread.

0 Ratings
Ben57
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

I have to info you asked for but I do not know how to post it to you, my apologies 

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 15

You are posting on a BT Consumer forum, if you don’t like or want to use BT you are under no obligation to do so, there are dozens of providers to chose from, it’s Openreach that provider the network and they don’t pick the ISP’s they allow on their network, any respectable/registered ISP who wants to use OR can do so.
As far as having minutes on your mobile so why should you have to pay for a phone you don’t want or need, in my opinion , you are looking at it incorrectly, if I offered you broadband only access for £25 , or said you can have broadband access with a included phone service and it’s still £25  ( and you only pay for calls if you make them , incoming calls are included ) then in what way are you financially disadvantaged ?

If you think there must be a saving to be had ,and  if a company can offer line and broadband for £25 , you may well think if they just removed the phone element, they should be able to pass this saving on, but VM has always been separate broadband and phone network, but they don’t offer a saving to broadband only customers and at least thevOpenreach’/BT Wholesale network ( prior to FTTP ) needed the phone line to host broadband, and yet VM have never had any real difference in price between broadband only and broadband and phone.
Unfortunately for many years , company’s would say broadband £5/month , plus line rental @ £20 hoping to fool the naive that , it was that nasty ‘BT’ taking the majority of the money for line rental and the plucky ISP only wants £5 for broadband so if BT got the hell out of the way , I would have £5 broadband, but if that’s the case why are there no providers out there ( and there are plenty of alt nets who don’t use Openreach ) charging £5 ?

Highlighted
Ben57
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Thanks for your response, point taken and understood 

0 Ratings