cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: Ultra fast broadband

1gbps is available to the first six houses on my side of the street.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

As requested, if you post the results from the wholesale checker using your phone number , it will help identify what is and isn’t available, you could  also post the results of an immediate neighbour ( next door preferably) for comparison, if you don’t know the neighbours phone number the address option isn’t necessarily as accurate, if you do post the results, obscure the phone numbers.
If there was a contractor , it wouldn’t have been working on behalf of BT , as BT are not responsible for ‘network’, that is Openreach , so any signage out should say working on behalf of OR ,  if it’s a network that ultimately BT could offer service over.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

When i spoke to the engineer he said they were working on behalf of BT. Perhaps he should have said they were working on behalf of Openreach. As previously posted, there are six houses in my street tha have ultrafast broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

BT.png

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

From the images posted native FTTP isn’t yet available, but FTTPod is ,  FTTPod is available to nearly everyone who can get FTTC ( which is what you currently have ).

There are a couple of possibilities why some in your road can order FTTP and you cannot , it could be that someone actually ordered ( and paid for ) FTTPod , where this is done , the immediate neighbours benefit because the ‘on demand’ build in effect creates a ‘fibre DP’ , that serves the person paying for the work , and any neighbours that can be directly connected to it, so some neighbours could be really close , but still not benefit , being on the wrong side of the road in an underground ducted area , for example.

Less likely is that part of the street entered a CFP , a community funded project , that’s where OR had not considered the area for FTTP  because it falls outside commercial costs ( not cost effective) , someone living there , keen on getting FTTP , becomes the CFP advocate and canvases neighbours in the area that would also like FTTP and are prepared to contribute towards the costs , OR indicate the commercial costs they would accept and the actual construction costs, the difference between the two is paid for by the members of the CFP , depending if the area qualifies , there are Government vouchers that can be obtained and used as payment, so the members of the CFP may not pay anything, if OR get a commitment to fund the CFP from the CFP members , the area is now provided , but may have limits ( but as said unlikely to miss out addresses in the same street )

You are just on a different phase of the build out plan, and when the part of the network that you would connect to is installed and commissioned, then the BTw checker will change to FTTP WBC.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

I spoke with Openreach who confirmed what you have said. The houses that have the 1gbps speed are the original showhouses for the estate.

This begs the question though, on whose behalf were Circet laying the cables? More detective work required but Sky seem to be in the frame.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

@Carfinian more than likely a private installation paid for by the developers to make the estate look more attractive to buyers. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

Our estate has been completed for about 15 years now. There are no developers onsite.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

Ahh so the gigabit connection wasn't installed by the developers then. It'd could have been paid for by the people who bought the show homes then 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

Sorry I misinterpretated what you meant. I have no idea if the developers installed it at the time but did they have that technology 20 years ago?

0 Ratings