Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j0nezjm76uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Ultrafast 2 Engineer Visit

Go to solution

To all,

My local cabinet has been enabled with Ultrafast broadband and i am thing of upgrading to it.  I currently have FTTC in my home with the BT smart hub going into a double socket master socket.

The question i have is will a new faceplate be fitted by the engineer our will the existing one be used with the Ultrafast.

Regards

Neo1976uk

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ultrafast 2 Engineer Visit

Go to solution

The general rule with all new contracts, is that unless you have an issue with the connection speed, your existing socket will be used.

If you do not get the minimum speed promised, then a free visit will be arranged.

You also need to make sure your line can support the extra speed, before ordering.

0 Ratings
j0nezjm76uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the info.

If the minimum speed can be reach if I was to place an order via the BT website.  Will it give me the option not have an engineer visit the property?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@j0nezjm76uk wrote:

Thanks for the info.

If the minimum speed can be reach if I was to place an order via the BT website.  Will it give me the option not have an engineer visit the property?

Why would you not want a visit? You would not be able to cancel the contract without a visit to see if the speed can be improved.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35296/%7E/your-line-speed-explained

Cancellation of your service will be subject to the following conditions:

• the fault must be reported within the first 90 days of your contract start date
  • speed faults will not be accepted within the first 10 days initial stabilisation period
  • all checks within your home must be completed as requested by our Helpdesk advisors
  • at least one engineer visit must be accepted if your line speed result from the BT Wholesale speed test   is below the Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed
  • BT are allowed up to 28 days to resolve the fault
0 Ratings
j0nezjm76uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the advice.

0 Ratings
tchodgson
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Having just changed from Infinity 2 VDSL to Ultrafast GFast, you do get an engineer visit. They bring a 5C master socket to replace your existing double socket. If you already have a 5c master socket they replace the clip on VDSL front cover with a gfast one which has different filters. They then connect (plug in) your gfast Smarthub and help you connect your first Wi-Fi item and you check your speed. The whole process is scripted but works well in my experience.