Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FractalFragger
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Ultrafast 2

Hello Everyone,

I recently upgraded from the old infinity 4 to Ultrafast 2 which advertised a guaranteed minimum speed of 100Mbps down and 10Mbps up. 

When I was on infinity 4 using my BT Smart Hub 6 I was getting speeds of 300+Mbps down and 35Mbps up. When the change went through I had not received the new Ultrafast Hub and I was still getting speeds of 33+Mbps down and 35Mbps up.

Now I have received and plugged in my new Ultrafast Hub the download speed has more than halved in speed from roughly 315Mbps on average to about 145Mbps now.

Now I do understand normalisation when new packages are put in place as well as new equipment, however, the package has been in place for almost 2 weeks now and it only dropped with the introduction of the new Ultrafast hub.

Now, I understand that they offer a minimum speed guarantee with compensation for not hitting it, but who do  I trust when the speed test in my BT account says 114Mbps down but BT Wholesale checker states 94Mbps down.

Im not one to run after claiming for things but what I do expect is for a faster service to be faster not half the speed of my last package.

Here is the Wholesale checker showing 92.83Mbps down and 34.40Mbps up

2018-09-03 (2).png

Here is another locally installed speed tester showing an even slower download speed.

2018-09-03 (1).png

This is on a direct CAT 6 ethernet cable into the ultrafast hub so gigabit end to end and still is **bleep**.

Any answers to this BT because if it wasn't for the fact that no one else can provide me with fibre broadband as no one else is taking it up I assume because you are making it way to cost ineffective for other providers I would be elsewhere right now!

I dont expect to "upgrade" to a faster product and receive less than half of what I was getting on my old package!!!

SORT THIS OUT

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
FractalFragger
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ultrafast 2

just to add to this it has gotten even slower on BT checker

2018-09-03 (4).png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Btspeedtester has been giving odd/incorrect results and is a known problem at present. You can try speedtest.net

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 4

Basic troubleshooting 101, remove ultrafast hub and re-connect smart hub, does that get  the speed back?

0 Ratings