Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Ultrafast Fibre 2 - PPPoE timeout error

Go to solution

On the morning of thursday 8th the Ultrafast BT router has a solid orange light on it after working fine the night before.  Rang BT and they sent out a new Router, tried that but the same.  Swapped the network cable between Router and the openreach modem but still the same.  The openreach modem is showing on, connected and has a LAN connection to the router.  I was away on work until Friday night so my partner dealt with BT during this time but now I'm back I've logged onto the router and the logs show the error PPPoE timeout.  This sounds to be an account/authentication issue at the exchange?  We have an engineer booked for Monday and the BT support on the phone won't budge from that day, so has anybody had this issue before and any steps that can be taken to get this sorted quicker? 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: Ultrafast Fibre 2 - PPPoE timeout error

Go to solution

So checked the status on the Fault and it states the engineer visit has been completed but not seen any sign of an engineer.  Rung BT and they say the latest engineer update is that it requires another engineer but no explanation why.  My understanding of the PPPoE timeout error is that the my router is making a connection but there is no response from the other end, so not sure why another engineer is required as would have thought this issue is related to something within the exchange.  Anybody have ideas on where the issue could be and why an additional engineer is required?

0 Ratings
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Don't know if any of the mods are able to looking into potentially what the fault is, why the engineer booked for today was unable to fix it and why an additional engineer is required?  The lack of information on this issue over the last 5 days has been extremely frustrating

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
Many thanks...much appreciated
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @lovestosurf Sorry the engineer was unable to complete the work as scheduled.

Drop us over your details and we will be happy to see what we can find out for you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
Many thanks. I've sent over the details.
0 Ratings
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
Well the light on the router is still orange and still no feedback from BT about what i's going on. Any information would helpful but maybe I'm expecting too much from BT. Why should BT care about whether I have broadband or not even though I pay nearly £60pm for service that should guarantee me 100mbps down load and 10mbps upload. Really is terrible customer service.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

once you send your form to the mods you join a queue of other customer waiting for mod assistance all of whom consider their problem a priority hence why mods reply in order the forms are received to ensure everyone is treated equally.  at present due to number of referrals it is about 3 days for mods to get back to you  just patience

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lovestosurf
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
My comment on poor customer service is more directed to BT as a whole, for example the engineer booked today again has not turned up and yet still no explanation why. My comment is not directed to the mods as I've never had an issue which why I posted my frustrations on the forum because this usually gets problems sorted out quicker
0 Ratings