cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
546f6d6d79
Message 1 of 15

Ultrafast Fibre FTTP unavailable despite manifold installed and active outside house.

Go to solution

A few months ago Openreach Engineers installed FTTP equipment (manifold?) on the pole directly opposite my house - 20m from where copper line joins property, and I've been waiting not so patiently for Openreach fibre check to give the OK, and the black Friday sales to order.

Unfortunately when trying to complete my order it Errors, and a member of sales confirms FTTP is not available at my home.

Can anyone decipher what's going on, or what I need to do going forward? I don't mind ditching the telephone line if that's the problem.

Openreach.jpgFF01.pngFF02.pngFF03.png

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Ultrafast Fibre FTTP unavailable despite manifold installed and active outside house.

Go to solution

Hi @546f6d6d79 

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried calling the dedicated FTTP team?

0800 587 4787

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

Re: Ultrafast Fibre FTTP unavailable despite manifold installed and active outside house.

Go to solution

are you currently connected to the pole in your post?  is it on opposite side of  the road to you?

I would doubt you will make progress until FTTP shows using your phone number.  there is also a significant difference in connection speed from address checker results to that of your phone number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
546f6d6d79
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

@albertjwrote:

Hi @546f6d6d79 

0800 587 4787

Thanks

Not tried the FTTP number yet, will give them a call when I get home. Thanks!

546f6d6d79
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

@imjollywrote:

are you currently connected to the pole in your post?  is it on opposite side of  the road to you?

BT_line.jpg

The Manifold's on the same telegraph pole that feeds the copper line.

I would doubt you will make progress until FTTP shows using your phone number.  there is also a significant difference in connection speed from address checker results to that of your phone number

It would be nice if we got the max speed of the phone line check, Only good thing about that is getting money back from the "Guaranteed speed" 🤣

One thing, ZEN just got back to me that they're willing to provide FTTP but without a phoneline.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

According to dslchecker results from your phone number you have 11.39mb connection speed which is within your expected range of 16/9mb and above the handback speed of 7mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
546f6d6d79
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

@albertjwrote:

Hi @546f6d6d79 

0800 587 4787

Thanks

Just finished talking to the FTTP team instead of calling 150. There's something wrong with my current line (which I didn't understand) and it cannot receive FTTP, despite it being available... So we cancelled it.

Now an engineer is coming out over Christmas to put in a new line and FTTP - I'd better get mince pies and brandy ready.

Sorry I don't have any technical details as of yet for others looking to resolve the same issues. Will update when I know more.

albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@546f6d6d79wrote:

@albertjwrote:

Hi @546f6d6d79 

0800 587 4787

Thanks

Just finished talking to the FTTP team instead of calling 150. There's something wrong with my current line (which I didn't understand) and it cannot receive FTTP, despite it being available... So we cancelled it.

Now an engineer is coming out over Christmas to put in a new line and FTTP - I'd better get mince pies and brandy ready.

Sorry I don't have any technical details as of yet for others looking to resolve the same issues. Will update when I know more.

@546f6d6d79 

Great! Keep us posted. Yes, you will have to have a new line because it will be fibre now. If you want to keep the landline phone then this still uses the copper line, for most installs.

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

@546f6d6d79 wrote:

@albertjwrote:

Hi @546f6d6d79 

0800 587 4787

Thanks

Of course your current line cannot receive FTTP, its copper! FTTP (Fibre To The Premises} needs a fibre line.

0 Ratings
546f6d6d79
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
That's what got me confused: I'll be a new customer, new install, new number, new fibre line, new copper?!?
0 Ratings