Did you mean: 
Highlighted
trystanhill
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Ultrafast Fibre Plus Which Smarthub?

Go to solution

I had FTTP installed last Friday on the Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus product

I received my smarthub yesterday due to BT failing to send out the my smarthub when they should have .

I have received the Smarthub1 as opposed to the Smarthub2.  I am pretty certain that when I placed the order I  was told I would receive the Smarthub2.  

Looking on the BT website https://www.bt.com/broadband/smart-hub/ it states the following

"Our next generation Smart Hub 2 comes included when you buy or upgrade to Superfast Fibre with Complete Wi-Fi, or Ultrafast Fibre Plus. It's our smartest hub yet and is future-proofed to deliver fast speeds throughout the home"

I called BT customer services today who checked with the fibre team and was advised that you only get the Smarthub2 if you take out the Complete Wi-Fi package.

Is anybody able to confirm which smarthub you should get on the Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus product without the Complete WI-FI

Many thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ultrafast Fibre Plus Which Smarthub?

Go to solution

No idea, but there won't be any difference between them in any case. Don't get taken in by all the marketing hype.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I agree with @licquorice  the hub you have is just as good and will work just as well

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @trystanhill  welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. The Smart Hub 2 would only be sent with the Complete Wifi package as it is provided with one disk. If you do not order the complete wifi package then the Smart Hub 1 would be provided and will work equally as well for you.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
trystanhill
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for all the prompt replies.  

I was initially sent a non fttp smarthub2 and the wifi signal was noticeable better than the smarthub1 hence my reasons for wanting a Smarthub2.

0 Ratings
Starwire
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
I do FTTP Installs, the majority of them for BT and have noticed if you just get the broadband it’s the Smart Hub 1 but get the 2 if you get the Complete Wi-Fi thingy.
0 Ratings
clonk
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I got the Smart Hub 2 with Ultrafast 1 (full FTTP not Gfast) without the complete WiFi package. The offer explicitly stated  Smart Hub 2. The only difference is that the 2 supports the complete WiFi.

0 Ratings
trystanhill
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Yeah that's the way I understood it TBH.  Its not a huge deal, but I wanted to make sure I was getting what I should be getting.

0 Ratings