cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 66

Re: Ultrafast Fibre Plus

Thanks for explaining. I’ve so far managed to avoid the combined router/modem malarkey. It seems to be this which causes the dropouts and erratic performance. 

Also wondered if the 138mb quoted is more suggestive of Gfast? 

(Order email just says Ultrafast Fibre Plus, doesn’t specify whether FTTP or Gfast??) 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 66

@Longshanks wrote:

Thanks for explaining. I’ve so far managed to avoid the combined router/modem malarkey. It seems to be this which causes the dropouts and erratic performance. 

Its not the combination of the two per se that causes dropouts.

Also wondered if the 138mb quoted is more suggestive of Gfast? 

It would appear to be so.

(Order email just says Ultrafast Fibre Plus, doesn’t specify whether FTTP or Gfast??) 

Call the number @imjolly  posted

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 66

Many thanks. I will ring, but think I’ve been sold a bum steer. The EE guy said we were getting FTTP, and I made a point of stressing this v Gfast etc. Probably end up cancelling. EE are owned by BT, so not difficult to have a better handle on product differences. Not impressed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 66

So its EE you are asking about, not BT Retail? Can you please confirm that?

EE are a separate ISP within the BT Group, so you really should be asking on their user forum.

https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/community

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/bd-p/broadband

This is a forum for BT Retail customers.

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 66

Sorry, not sure if you read earlier. Our current contract is with BT. We only use EE for mobile contracts, not BB. I understand EE had staff have access to  our current BT BB contract and could do offers on their behalf, (Owned by BT) The offer email is also from BT. More evidence that we will continue to be with BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 66

I was just a bit confused. BT Retail are going to offer the same product, so you may as well stay with BT .

You originally said "Have been upgraded to “Ultrafast Fibre Plus”. (Only went into into EE Shop to get new iPhone for my son"

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 66

I am also confused by your replies  is your order confirmation letter/email from BT or EE

I was not aware that EE staff could access BT client accounts 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 66

Order email from btcomms@info.bt.com

The guy in EE shop alluded to being able to view our BT services and then “reduce”. I’m no expert, but can only guess this is due to the current contractual relationship between BT and EE???????

Ive also logged into MyBt, and can see next week’s visit is shown as an open order there.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 66

That does seem rather odd, as they are supposed to be separate?

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 66

I’m just the messenger here, but can assure you this is no figment of my imagination. I’m worried on two counts now. 

1. Some possible misdemeanour by EE staff. (Thought gurus on here would be conversant with this if it kosher)

2. Getting Gfast rather than Fttp, despite assurance.

0 Ratings