cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 66

Re: Ultrafast Fibre Plus

Ok thanks Won’t profess to understand that.

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 66

54E6FF78-7DB5-4882-8644-EBE4925697CA.jpeg

0 Ratings
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 66

By the way ISPreview are now confirming that EE will be selling BT products:

EE’s high street shops will soon fully support BT products and services too in a multi-brand approach.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/10/bt-uk-to-launch-halo-unlimited-5g-and-fixed-broadband-...

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 66

Re: Ultrafyast Fibre Plus

Thank God for that. Was beginning to think it was a figment of my imagination.  That said, think it’s unfortunate the EE staff only understand Sebo Croat.

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 66

Hi

Got am email to say engineer had visited and confirming installation date. Got home and saw this.

B5A86A89-7498-4EDE-808D-B69F09E24DA6.jpeg

Will the fibre replace the copper wire (white insulation) to provide filtered and unfiltered signal? If so, would they use the existing hole in brickwork to feed the new cable? I also understand the ONT will connect to the WAN in the super Hub. Is that right? (At the moment I have Ethernet connecting Openreach modem to WAN on HH5)

Many thanks 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 46 of 66

There is no filtered/unfiltered signal with FTTP. The ONT is the modem. As regards the rest speak to the install engineer.

0 Ratings
brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 66

Your copper wire will remain in place to provide voice service as before.  They will install the fibre cable where you want within reason - this could be the same location as the existing copper wire or you could have it installed in a more convenient location assuming the spare fibre cable is long enough.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 66

Will it?  With the intended removal of copper by 2025 (some hope!!) I would have thought the opportunity to move customers to FVA would be taken by any FTTP installs. Perhaps @Starwire might have some info on that?

brookheather
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 66

I think FVA is only provided for new builds with FTTP only connections (ATA port provided by ONT).  At some point BT will be moving to VOIP as the solution for voice service and I expect there will be a new HomeHub which will have the ATA port built in - the copper connection will then not be required.  The new 1+0 ONT doesn't even have a voice port which would be required for FVA.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 66

@brookheather wrote:

I think FVA is only provided for new builds with FTTP only connections (ATA port provided by ONT).  At some point BT will be moving to VOIP as the solution for voice service and I expect there will be a new HomeHub which will have the ATA port built in

Like this, the Smart Hub 2 with the phone port?

smart hub 2.jpg