cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Ultrafast Fibre availability

Hello,

I've recently seen cabling being put down on my road and have noticed these cables attached to the telegraph poles.

I have attached a photo for reference.

I am led to believe that this cabling is for FTTP.  Can someone please clarify if this is correct?

If so does anyone know how long it takes for the service to roughly go live once the cabling has been done.

Cheers

Ultrafast.JPG

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ultrafast Fibre availability

It's hard to tell from here. Trying to work out what those big blocks are, could be CBT on some big backplate. Could also be a AltNet.

For Openreach's Full Fibre Network you can check: https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

In terms of timescale it varies, could be a month or several or a year.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@NorthernNico 

Only Openreach would know the answer.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Looks exactly like what used to be on my street just recently. It is FTTP and the next phase is to mount CBTs up high on the pole (took a few days where I am). Then about a week later the checker was updated to says FTTP is available (although BT still doesn't allow me to order), but that will depend on backhaul connectivity being ready or not. Where I am they literally deploying to 20+ streets almost at the same time...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yeah, that looks like a 12 Port CBT for FTTP.

No way to tell if it’s Openreaches or an Alt Nets as most now use CBT’s as it’s an easier and cheaper method to deploy FTTP as opposed to BFT, Blown Fibre Tubing.

0 Ratings