cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jon_New
Message 1 of 3

Ultrafast hub disconnecting

We have been with BT for several years now, and upgraded to Ultrafast about a month ago. Speeds are very good, but the volume of disconnects can be infuriating. I've found something of a work around for these in our situation which is to disconnect the faceplate at the master socket for a few seconds, and all the wiring from the hub, after which we can sometimes experience relatively interruption free broadband for 24 to 48 hours, then I have to repeat the process. Without doing this the hub will lose connection either briefly flashing yellow/orange 4 or 5 times per hour, or just disconnect completely and refuse to acknowledge any broadband connection giving us the middle finger purple light. There is very little on here that I could find in relation to the ultrafast service or hubs so I am wondering if anyone else is having similar problems and also if we are getting something akin to static build up on our line that could be causing this, or if a new hub might be recommended?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ultrafast hub disconnecting

If you have noise on your line it will affect your internet. Report a line fault on 151.

0 Ratings
Jon_New
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ultrafast hub disconnecting

Thanks for the reply, I did a silent line test a week after installation, there was indeed noise on the line, reported it via 151 and they took me through the steps of removing the faceplate and checking the master input with the wired land-line, the master was clear, and when the faceplate was refitted that socket was also then clear. Since then I have checked the line almost daily for noise and their hasn't been apart from one day where there was some faint crackling, repeating the steps above again cleared the noise. The hub itself has been reporting noise of 10db even when it's connected fine for hours though, having searched through forums that does seem excessive compared to others but the fact that I can disconnect everything and then reconnect for an extended period of uninterrupted service I was hoping might be a clue to the fault. I am reluctant to scream line fault when I can longer hear any audible noise without any further suggestions because of the threat of the £120 call out charge if no fault is found. Many thanks
0 Ratings