Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Ultrafast - random disconnects

Go to solution
Had Ultrafast 2 for a couple of months now he now, and although it isn't happening very often (this is the third time I'm aware of) I'm losing connection during the night hours (between midnight and 2am ISH)

I can't do anything to fix it other than to wait. The orange light remains on the hub until it decides to fix itself. The MyBT app shows the service status as normal, and running the troubleshooter always has it freezing at 99% during it's checks. As somebody who suffers from insomnia I'm finding this to be incredibly annoying as it didn't happen with Infinity 2 and I'm paying a lot more for this service. The always connected service!

Any ideas what might be happening? Cheers
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ultrafast - random disconnects

Go to solution

Hi @Retrovertigo,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you've been experiencing random disconnections. The truth being told, it would be very difficult to identify the actual cause if the problem is being experienced infrequently.

If the disconnection are happening late at night it could be unscheduled maintenance on the line. The best thing to do is keep an eye on your connection if the problem returns, try calling the technical helpdeck on 0800 111 4567. They'll be able to test the line and are open 24 hours 7 days a week.

Thanks

PaddyB

Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ultrafast - random disconnects

Go to solution

Hi PaddyB. Apologies for the slow reply, but had a hectic time recently!
It does seem as though it may be some kind of maintenance because it has happened twice since, but only around 2am. It can last for anywhere between 15 minutes to a couple of hours.

I have tried using the system checker thing in the mobile app, but it always freezes at 99%. Anyway, not that big of a deal as it is otherwise excellent, and if I didn't have insomnia I wouldn't even know it was happening 🙂

0 Ratings